What's new

Washing face after shaving...

Does anyone else do this? I recently started doing it again and I've found that my skin looks better. I'm thinking that it's because I'm washing away any dead skin that's taken up, but not completely removed during shaving. This is also what I did during high school and though I know my skin and facial hair growth was different back then, my skin was always great looking.

Does anyone else do this? I recently started doing it again and I've found that my skin looks better. I'm thinking that it's because I'm washing away any dead skin that's taken up, but not completely removed during shaving. This is also what I did during high school and though I know my skin and facial hair growth was different back then, my skin was always great looking.
I shave after I shower and figure my face is REALLY clean after this plus 3-4 passes with a lovely cream or soap followed by a few rinses, so for me, I don't think washing would add anything.

I just rinse my face thoroughly with warm water, then cold water. I also shave right after showering, so I've already washed my face.

==Tom

i use a nivea oil control soap just before shaving with hot water, and wash my face with ice cold water when im done shaving, then apply floid as needed,

I shave while in the shower, so when I'm done, my regular face bar is right there so I grab it and wash my face. I do this after every shave, don't really know if it's helping, but I do it.

I now shower after I shave, and use a Clean & Clear facial wash. I'm fairly gentle, but I get no pain and have noticed that it really does a nice job of finishing off the cleansing of my face. This, coupled with Kyle's shave prep, have my skin looking very healthy. Now, if only I had a tan.

I've been following the regimine proposed here in Q&A's 20 & 21: http://www.thegr.com/index.cfm?event=AsktheBarber

As an aside, The GR After Shave Balm is really nice.

Basically, wash in the shower, shave as usual, warm wash post-shave, and cold final rinse, after shave, and lotion. I've also found the wash & lotion before bed to be helpful.

In addition though, I've stopped using my DE razor, and gone back to a sensor with two passes (WTG & AcrossTG). I was getting ingrowns on neck and chin -- probably because of poor technique or maybe just too many passes :-D -- but it's so hard to isolate exactly what's going on. I'll likely re-introduce the DE now that my skin has calmed down and maintain the wash regimine.

YMMV...

Cheers.

Ashley

I wash the rest of my face after shaving, but not the part I already shaved. I do this with my shaving brush and remaining lather, brushing my forehead, eyes, and nose. This is especially nice with my latest crop of English and French triple-milled soaps.

Tim

two passes and circular application with the brush is plenty of cleansing, plus lots of hot water splashes after the shave and everything is great. if i washed then my face would get too dry. i enjoy using creams because it keeps my dry tendency skin that much better off in the winter and throughout the year.

I actually use the Proactiv 3-step cleaning system after shaving. I have found that that is what makes my skin look the best. I tried not washing my face after shaving (on the theory that the brush/razor does a good enough job), but for me that was just not enough.

When I use the Proactiv normally afterward, I don't have any trouble whatsoever with irritation or dryness or anything. But I realize I'm probably in the minority on this board as somebody who likes Proactiv.

Top Bottom