What's new

Washing & Bathing using different types of soap?

A lot of regular soaps have additives that can dry the skin; whereas soaps with more glycerine moisturise the skin as do tallow and animal fat hand/body soaps.

So why not exploit these benefits and use soaps for those areas of the body that can benefit from the drying or moisturising effects of these different soaps? Such as bathing an oilly back with a soap that is drying but conversely using a moisturising soap for hand washing to help off set the hardening of the skin through use.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am currently using up a small stock of Cusson's Imperial Leather soap which I have used for years but am mulling over what to purchase next. I have been considering buying old school Savon De Marseille soaps but had not considered different soaps for different areas. I will give that some thought. One thing I do use is a Japanese Salux washcloth and I cannot recommend them enough. 👍

A lot of regular soaps have additives that can dry the skin; whereas soaps with more glycerine moisturise the skin as do tallow and animal fat hand/body soaps.

So why not exploit these benefits and use soaps for those areas of the body that can benefit from the drying or moisturising effects of these different soaps? Such as bathing an oilly back with a soap that is drying but conversely using a moisturising soap for hand washing to help off set the hardening of the skin through use.

sounds logical!

what additives are drying?

I do this often. I may use a citrus pet shampoo to cut the oil better in my scalp/beard, but not on the skin all over, as sun exposure can then leave me with a rash if any residual sweet orange oil is in my skin. So, an oatmeal dog shampoo is used for the body.

or I may use a tea tree/neem soap for deeper cleansing in areas, but not all over as the neem is a bit pungent.

I use different soaps for different purposes, hands, face, body, and hair.
Yes soap, not a body wash which isn't soap.

Top Bottom