What's new

Wash your face after shaving

I know this might sound odd after you have shaved and your face has had loads of soap on it, but I now wash my face after shaving. I have been using bar soap, aloe Vera bar soap. It gets rid of any shaving soap residue, and skin feels even softer than a good shaving soap does.

I usually rinse after shaving which removes the lather residue. I would not think washing with soap would make a difference unless it is a Pears soap. I also moisturise after the shave to keep the skin supple; that is very important.

I really don't "wash" my face after shaving. I just wipe up a little bit of excess lather around the edges with a damp washcloth. The soaps we use have lots of good stuff in them: aloe Vera, Shea butter, almond oil, etc. You paid good money for that stuff, why wash it off?

Usually a cold water splash. Followed by a wipe off with moist wash cloth to remove excess water before a splash of witch hazel.

I've taken up the habit of lathering up again and rinsing off with luke warm water with a splash of cold at the end, honestly it's just a habit but I really love.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I dont personally see the sense in washing soap off your face with soap but its your shave.
Personally, I just rinse the lather off with cold water and then wipe off whatever is left.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I usually "wash" my face with excess lather after shaving (some call it comfort lather).
i do this and with some soaps like t+s or grooming dept that residual soap feels like a lotion rather than "washing '" my face. Come to think about it @mumB_L_E nails it with comfort lather.

like so many wise shavers above, after shaving, i re-apply leftover lather, wipe off, then rinse lightly, lastly cool washcloth rinse. after all, apply any aftershave, balm and/or cologne.

Bar soap seems duplicative to me. I rinse my face with cold water after my last pass, then apply alum, then rinse the alum off with more cold water, then apply witch hazel using a cotton ball, leave it to air dry and finish with an aftershave splash. If my face feels dry I’ll apply a balm before the splash. I feel this approach would do away with any shave soap residue.

I usually "wash" my face with excess lather after shaving (some call it comfort lather).

+1

The best shave soaps thees days contain ingredients designed to moisturize, condition and nourish your skin. Thus, I apply an extra lather and leave it on my skin while I clean my gear. There is no way I would every use another soap to wash off those ingredients. I blot my face with a dry cloth and then lightly rinse my face.

My only aftershave is generic witch hazel to which I add a few 10 drops of glycerin per 4 ounces. The only time I need to use a more expensive splash or balm is when the temperatures falls below 10 degrees F, which should not happen again until next January.

Of course, if I were using a cheap shaving soap that lacks skin nourishing ingredients, I might wash it off and apply a balm. I would rather not have to use the extra products.

Top Bottom