What's new

Was your very first shave DE/SE/SR

Was your first very shave with a DE, SE or Straight razor and at what age? What was your first razor?
My first DE shave and razor was with a Gillette Slim G-2, I still shave with it. I was either 15 or 16. Before I went into the Navy I was given a MMOC, another great razor that I still have.

My first shave was with a Gillette DE that was my fathers. But I remember I soon switched to a GEM because I preferred a SE to the DE. I was about 15 at the time.

Mine was with my dad's 1955 Flare Tip Superspeed loaded with a Spoiler in 1977 when I was 12. Mom tossed the Superspeed after dad died in 1980. She let me have his Trac-II though. She didn't want me to cut myself with the Superspeed.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

My first DE shave was with a VDH that I picked up at my local supermarket back in 2014 when I was sick of paying ridiculous prices for Gillette fusion blades. I’ve never looked back.

I learned to shave with a hand-me-down Slim in the 1960s, before going to the ‘dark side.’

1958 with my father's Gillette TTO, I Can't remember which model it was, I was only 16 years old.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

I can remember the days when my dad was teaching me to shave, standing along side or behind me. for one og his birthdays my brother and I bought dad a Gillette Fatboy wit tips we made delivering groceries, he shaved with it till he passed in '86. My brother gave it to me and it hangs on the board next to mine. Sometimes I can almost see him behind me as I shave

Gillette Mach 3 - probably 15 or 16, can’t remember. My first straight shave was 7 years ago. First DE was about 3 years ago at the age of 30 when I inherited my grandfathers Gillette Super Speeds. First SE shave was about 3 weeks ago.

Most of these systems of shaving were long out of style before I was born, or even of age to shave.

Gillette Atra was my first in the eighties. I switched to the Sensor a few years later and then the Mach 3. I stopped at three blades because I thought the multi-blade thing was getting ridiculous. I didn’t use a DE until a stumbled on this forum, looking to save some money (LOL).

First shave for me was around 15 years old.
My father taught me how to shave with his old Gillette open comb ball end razor with a Wilkinson blade - I remember all those nicks![emoji17]
Still have that razor, all the plating is gone but I keep it for the memories.
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

My first shave was in the early 70s and was a Wilkinson bonded blade. That was a single blade cartridge. A year later I switched to a Schick injector and used that for many years. I still like my injector razors.

My first shaves were with my dad's Schick Injector, Old Spice soap in mug and an Everready brush. My first razor set-up was a TTO brand uncertain, Mennen soap and an Everready brush

DE. I started with a Tech my father gave me. I started shaving when I was 14 and bought my first DE about a year later. It was a FB or adjustable as it was named at the time. My second razor was a Slim I bought one year after the FB.

Top Bottom