What's new

Was Wrong About Dollar General Old Spice

A while back, I bought a small bottle of Old Spice at a Dollar General, and was pleasantly surprised to find it had a better scent than the larger bottle I'd bought at Walmart. The small bottle I used on Sundays, with the other stuff on weekdays. I even thought that maybe the small bottle had the original formula, even though it said it was made in Canada.

Out of curiosity, I gave P&G more of my hard earned money, and bought another small bottle of Old Spice from a Dollar General. Unfortunately, the scent was weaker with the new bottle. It was just like the stuff in the big bottle. So, it seems, that first small bottle of Old Spice I'd bought was likely New Old Stock.

Sigh.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A while back, I bought a small bottle of Old Spice at a Dollar General, and was pleasantly surprised to find it had a better scent than the larger bottle I'd bought at Walmart. The small bottle I used on Sundays, with the other stuff on weekdays. I even thought that maybe the small bottle had the original formula, even though it said it was made in Canada.

Out of curiosity, I gave P&G more of my hard earned money, and bought another small bottle of Old Spice from a Dollar General. Unfortunately, the scent was weaker with the new bottle. It was just like the stuff in the big bottle. So, it seems, that first small bottle of Old Spice I'd bought was likely New Old Stock.

Sigh.
Lol, one can never count on Old Spice for consistency! At least I can't...

Sigh.

The old stuff was definitely superior IMO!

Some stuff is made different even though it's packaged the same or close to. Bullseye BBQ sauce is that way , slightly cheaper but different ingredient list.

Top Bottom