What's new

Was it worth it?

I spent 53 minutes on a call to get a ~$19.00 check sent to me, a fight over principle. I was told something and a check for a differing amount was sent out, thankfully they record their lines. Having had to eat crow last week to the tune of $480 dollars, I know it's hard to capitulate especially to correct someone else's mistake.

What was the most time you spent, with little payout, over principle?

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
For me it was going to court to dispute a traffic speeding fine of $100. The traffic policeman had booked me for doing 102kph in a 100kph zone. I knew that I was doing 95kph. I was able to convince the magistrate the the policeman had measured the speed of the vehicle that was immediately behind me and accelerating.

I lost a day's income of about $1,000 to not have to pay that $100 fine.

Maybe 30 years ago I got a bill in the mail for a parking violation in some crap NJ town I had never set foot in. I challenged it. Lucky for me I keep my old car registrations, proving their description of my car and my registration at the time didn't match. The ticket was voided.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For me it was going to court to dispute a traffic speeding fine of $100. The traffic policeman had booked me for doing 102kph in a 100kph zone. I knew that I was doing 95kph. I was able to convince the magistrate the the policeman had measured the speed of the vehicle that was immediately behind me and accelerating.

I lost a day's income of about $1,000 to not have to pay that $100 fine.
Would that ticket have caused your insurance rates to go up? It usually will here, which is why I will fight if I know I am right. It isn't the $100 I am worried about, it is the $10 that my insurance will go up a month for several years.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Would that ticket have caused your insurance rates to go up? It usually will here, which is why I will fight if I know I am right. It isn't the $100 I am worried about, it is the $10 that my insurance will go up a month for several years.
No, it would not have affected my insurance. It was purely a matter of principle in being wrongly accused.

Top Bottom