What's new

Warped scales

I purchased this S A Greathead over the weekend, it's in pretty good shape but the scales are warped. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get them back into shape?
thanks!!

ive straightened some scales by holding them over a pot of boiling water, letting them steam for a few seconds, then straightening them out, and giving them a bit more steam to make sure the position is right before then letting it cool back down in the position I want. Be careful not to oversteam/oversoften the scales or you may ruin them, and the bolsters may come off

Make sure though, the blade is completely dry afterwards.

I am not sure about the rules here any more for linking to other shave forums...
I see some people do that but the last time I linked one I got in trouble for it...

Let's just say I have a really good illustrated guide on fixing warped scales posted at another forum and that on my Dial Up connection the chances of me re-doing all the pics in multiple forums is not going to happen anytime soon...

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. I used a combination of your suggestions, made a jig then steamed the scales, when they were where I wanted them I ran them under cold water to set them. They came out great.
Thanks Again!

Top Bottom