What's new

WARNING: Traditional shaving will make you gray

Yes, it's true. I had a goatee up until I started down the traditional path two years ago. Nice and black. I've been clean-shaven (except for Movember) since then until last week, when I decided to grow the goatee back. Now it's mostly gray! I have to conclude that it was all because of the razors.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

The hair on the top of my head was a thick, flowing mane before I started wetshaving a year ago.

Now it grows in very thin and patchy. Cursed wetshaving.

I see no other possible explanation.

I was fortunate to avoid the gray hairs. But many of my brown hairs did lose their pigment.

I look forward to having a salt n pepper beard. I think they look better than younger, darker beards. Being 26, I have a ways to go.

I have gotten nothing but more grey since I started DE shaving and using a brush. That's okay, people treat me a lot better now that I have more grey hairs. They either think I'm older and wiser, or they just feel sorry for me. Either way, it's nice.:thumbup:

Ben

You know, I thought traditional shaving was making my hair thin. I wonder if it's the chemicals in the soap doing this, or maybe an allergic reaction to badgers.

I noticed the same thing. When I started traditional shaving in 1956 my hair was full and I did not have one grey hair. My beard was dark brown. Now my hair is mostly grey - the little I have - and most of my beard is grey. I thought it was the ageing process that caused this. Thanks for setting my straight: it was resorting to traditional shaving!:001_rolle

I don't know about making you gray. But I can testify that shaving has widened the part in my hair. When I began shaving 40+ years ago I had a very narrow part on one side when I combed my hair. Slowly but surely shaving moved that part toward the middle of my scalp and widened it to about 4 inches. You have been warned.

Top Bottom