What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We watched "The Last Watch," the behind-the-scenes look into the making of GoT, focusing mostly but not at all exclusively on the final season. It was very good, and I recommend it to all of you. Regardless of what you (we) may have thought of the final episode or season(s), it was an interesting and fun look into the persons who made the show happen and their Herculean efforts to do so.

I won't give any spoilers except to say that it (thankfully) does not spend a whole lot of time on the tier 1 actors but more on the production staff and lessor players. It really was a show about making the show and about bringing to the spotlight those who've spent the last several years in the shadows.

Thanks for the recommendation. I had pretty much decided to skip it as a advertisement for prequels to come. Production values in the show were always very high indeed, and it "takes a village" to do that.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I had pretty much decided to skip it as a advertisement for prequels to come.

We started watching it fully prepared to quit if it were that sort of thing. It was not that sort of thing at all. Come to think of it, I do not recall them discussing anything about prequels. I don't recall anyone even hinting at anything to come. Hell, I even forgot there were any!

We watched "The Last Watch," the behind-the-scenes look into the making of GoT, focusing mostly but not at all exclusively on the final season. It was very good, and I recommend it to all of you. Regardless of what you (we) may have thought of the final episode or season(s), it was an interesting and fun look into the persons who made the show happen and their Herculean efforts to do so.

I won't give any spoilers except to say that it (thankfully) does not spend a whole lot of time on the tier 1 actors but more on the production staff and lessor players. It really was a show about making the show and about bringing to the spotlight those who've spent the last several years in the shadows.

I enjoyed The Last Watch immensely. I thought it was great to see how much work goes into making a single episode, and follow lesser known (read extras) cast members.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
F07F295A-2616-47C2-BB94-964FA3812FAD.jpeg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I just started rewatching this series, maybe I'll like the ending better the second time around...

I was curious where the filming locations were for the "North of the wall" footage in Season 2 and came across this site.

Winter is coming: 44 Game of Thrones filming locations in pictures | Skyscanner's Travel Blog - https://www.skyscanner.net/news/38-amazing-game-thrones-locations-pictures

Well worth a look and a quick read. I assumed most of the series was shot on sets created for it or green screen, but most of the filming locations in the series are real places.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just started rewatching this series, maybe I'll like the ending better the second time around...

I was curious where the filming locations were for the "North of the wall" footage in Season 2 and came across this site.

Winter is coming: 44 Game of Thrones filming locations in pictures | Skyscanner's Travel Blog - https://www.skyscanner.net/news/38-amazing-game-thrones-locations-pictures

Well worth a look and a quick read. I assumed most of the series was shot on sets created for it or green screen, but most of the filming locations in the series are real places.
Enjoy. I would like to do that. Let us know your second impressions.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Enjoy. I would like to do that. Let us know your second impressions.

My second impressions are better than my first impressions, thats saying something. 1080p with 10bit colour, able to skip the "Previously on Game of Thrones" bit at the start of every episode and, especially, not having to wait a week between episodes makes for a much better and more immersive watch with far better flow to the story line.

I was able to appreciate it more fully and I found the ending more fitting than the first time around because of the better flow making it more cohesive.

Binge watching a show like that sure leaves a void when its finished.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My second impressions are better than my first impressions, thats saying something. 1080p with 10bit colour, able to skip the "Previously on Game of Thrones" bit at the start of every episode and, especially, not having to wait a week between episodes makes for a much better and more immersive watch with far better flow to the story line.

I was able to appreciate it more fully and I found the ending more fitting than the first time around because of the better flow making it more cohesive.

Binge watching a show like that sure leaves a void when its finished.
sounds fantastic to just hunker down and watch!
how much time did the binge last? Just curious i don't get much luxury solo tv time

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
sounds fantastic to just hunker down and watch!
how much time did the binge last? Just curious i don't get much luxury solo tv time

I think I was close to the end of Season 2 when I posted last Saturday, so around 10 days.

I watched this as well: Official Trailer from Game of Thrones: The Last Watch (2019) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10090796/videoplayer/vi2313796633?ref_=tt_ov_vi

The amount of work that went into season 8 alone is staggering. King's Landing is set in Dubrovnik Croatia, with most scenes shot on location in the city.

https _specials-images.forbesimg.com_dam_imageserve_1147780729_960x0.jpg fit=scale.jpg

Obviously, they couldnt blow up Dubrovnik, so they recreated part of the city in Ireland in great detail.

The scenery was fantastic throughout, especially Iceland.

https://guidetoiceland.is/history-culture/game-of-thrones-in-iceland

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I think I was close to the end of Season 2 when I posted last Saturday, so around 10 days.

I watched this as well: Official Trailer from Game of Thrones: The Last Watch (2019) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10090796/videoplayer/vi2313796633?ref_=tt_ov_vi

The amount of work that went into season 8 alone is staggering. King's Landing is set in Dubrovnik Croatia, with most scenes shot on location in the city.

View attachment 1031216

Obviously, they couldnt blow up Dubrovnik, so they recreated part of the city in Ireland in great detail.

The scenery was fantastic throughout, especially Iceland.

https://guidetoiceland.is/history-culture/game-of-thrones-in-iceland
So cool
on a side note i just ordered cbl winter is coming soap. Especially before the copyright lawyers catch wind of it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
So cool
on a side note i just ordered cbl winter is coming soap. Especially before the copyright lawyers catch wind of it.

According to the snow covered cars in traffic this morning, winter is here lol.

This is the second time today I've seen that soap maker mentioned.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
According to the snow covered cars in traffic this morning, winter is here lol.

This is the second time today I've seen that soap maker mentioned.
Its pretty good. Probably not top tier but dragon blood is a fantastic scent. Winter is coming has the iron throne on the label so i couldn't resist

are you watching or skipping the inside the episode extras?

Top Bottom