What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All those Dothraki left loitering about without their Khaleesi?

I think that’s priority #1 for the small council

Half got wiped out by the Dead. Think they were headed home / some island.

Grey Worm kinda got shafted, too. He didn't have representation, though made Head of Forces.

Also shafted: hundreds of impressionable young women who named their newborn "Khaleesi" a few years ago. Hope they aren't "mad." :a13:

AA

Greyworm is headed to the island that he and Missandei planned on retiring to. It would have been nice to better understand the symbiotic nature that existed between the dragons and Targaryen blood.

There is some great writing out there about the finale. Among it: "Arya is taking a gap year to go travelling 'west of Westeros', an unmapped region rumoured to contain the Mountains of Spin-Off Potential."

Yeah, no doubt one thing that council failed to do was to appoint some lucky person to tell the Dothraki.

I guess I had missed that Bran says he is going to track down Drogon. But there is no one left who can control Drogon except Jon. Seems the whole series ended up telling us that anyone who has a dragon rules the world.

We named our cat "Khalessi," but the name probably fits all the better now. A bit fierce, a bit crazy, very sure she is entitled to be in charge.

I have not seen a single episode but I promised myself I would watch the last
one just to see how it ends. Im 10 minutes in and funnily enough it looks just like when I
clicked on an episode in season 2 or 3.

Carnage.

I guess I had missed that Bran says he is going to track down Drogon. But there is no one left who can control Drogon except Jon. Seems the whole series ended up telling us that anyone who has a dragon rules the world.
There is at least one more person with Targaryen blood-Gendry.

It was the green bean salad at the family reunion. Nobody is surprised, or inspired to stomp off and leave. Most folks have a taste, and then look for what else there is to eat that's genuinely creative and tasty. The appeal of this show was that we were surprised frequently. S8 was El Lame-O.

S8 suffered an acute case of George Lucas-itis---the risk of having just two or three people knowing the full storyline so as not to risk leaks to internetland. Nobody has the chutzpah to say "Look, dude. I'm probably gunna get fired. But this stinks. How about...yada yada yada instead?"

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There is some great writing out there about the finale. Among it: "Arya is taking a gap year to go travelling 'west of Westeros', an unmapped region rumoured to contain the Mountains of Spin-Off Potential."

That's another one - they live in the North for 8,000 years, but nobody ever took a skiff out to take a look to the west?

I'm calling Bravo Sierra. We invented gunpowder, circumnavigated the globe and planted a flag on the moon in less time. Enough with the swords.

AA

That's another one - they live in the North for 8,000 years, but nobody ever took a skiff out to take a look to the west?

I'm calling Bravo Sierra. We invented gunpowder, circumnavigated the globe and planted a flag on the moon in less time. Enough with the swords.

AA
Silence.

Next you'll be claiming Christopher Columbus was not the first to stumble upon the Americas. Was that the maps of the ancient sea kings she was rolling up?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Silence.

Next you'll be claiming Christopher Columbus was not the first to stumble upon the Americas. Was that the maps of the ancient sea kings she was rolling up?

ah, who knows? (cough, cough, native peoples/Vikings)

The show went South, not west.

I'll wait for the "Arya, Assassin-Queen Captain of the Seas" spinoff.

AA :001_tongu

Cats lay waste to the arms of expensive couches like Khaleesi does to Kings Landing

You apparently know my cat. She only does that when she suddenly without explanation becomes the mad queen. My house has a remarkable number of scratching posts and she is usually pretty good--for months or even years at a time. But then she will take an interest in shredding a couch. Good thing I am generally not carrying a weapon!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The very last scene reminded me of the finale of Seinfeld, when they were sitting in the jail cell discussing nonsense.

The very "last scene" when Jon is walking off into the woods? Or when the council is appointing the new king? If the latter I agree with you, Ouch. I remember really liking the Seinfeld ending, though.

After "processing" this GOT finale a bit and reading some really well-written and well-thought-out things about it online, I think the season was pretty lame, but the finale was more or less okay. It tied up most loose ends or at least tired to. Characters acted more or less in character. It did not excessively obviously leave room for multiple sequels. It actually was an ending. It did not make me want to recommend that folks not watch the series, or at least the entire series, as the Lost finale did. I liked the Seinfeld finale better! The jokes were a lot better!

I look forward to finding out how George Martin ends it.

I will say this:

GOT accomplished more quality storytelling, character development, acting, and production quality in 8 years than the lumbering dumpster fire of Star Wars that has abused its fan base for 40 years and 9 episodes.

There...I said it...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I hope George RR Martin writes a better ending

I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you. He seems to have pretty much lost interest in finishing the series. The funny fact of the matter is that he never really wanted to be a writer as much as he wanted to work in film or TV or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets around to the series.

Top Bottom