What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

I'm more of a fan of MacGuffins.

So I guess the MacGuffin here is the throne of swords?

<Am I the only one sad to see the night king get it?>

Well, I do feel I hardly got to know him at all! It may turn out that he made things more interesting that a run of the mill squabble over governance of lands and people! All of his "subjects" seemed willing to do anything for him, no questions asked. And he was not afraid to be right up there on the front lines with them. They must have loved him. Snappy dresser. Charismatic. Piercing blue eyes. Brilliant tactician. Self taught, but could ride the heck out of a dragon!

Yea, he will be missed.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Could be worse - like watching it at a bar....

No way in H E double hockey sticks would I be watching at a bar!

At least people weren’t talking about what they thought would happen next etc.

But, no. I’m not watching with other people at all.

Except you guys, of course.

A little dark but that was an absolute belter of an episode. I was rather concerned they were gonna switch location for another hour of chatting.

Storywise they are doing ok, they had an easy time the first few seasons as they had the books to work from. Lack of source material and divergence means they are having to get creative.

Not feeling the deus ex machina Arya issue. The ancient royal bloodline of the north trains as a faceless ninja assassin and returns to stab the big ice baddie....was mildly worried Bran was gonna kill the big chap with some sort of levitation or jedi mind tricks.

Excited about some serious *** kicking, murder, snappy lines and the occasional boob over the next few weeks.

Happy to wait another decade or whatever for Mr Martin to tie things up properly.

“...some serious *** kicking, murder, snappy lines and the occasional boob...”

You’ve captured the essence of GOT in a nutshell there, my friend!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. It WAS a bad moment after Dany roasted the NK ... and then, the flames cleared. No joy.

Brann's special power was as bait. And if a lot of major characters didn't perish ... the Unsullied sure did!

AA

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The very instant she saw the NK and flew towards him my thought was “nope, that ain’t gonna work”.

I’m thinking Bron dies. Tyrion kills him saving Jamie’s life. Or Jamie kills him saving Tyron’s life. If Jamie is the one to kill Cersi I think the fact that she paid Bron to kill them makes it easier for him.

MAYBE Jaime dies somehow and Arya uses his face to kill Cersi... kinda don’t think so. But I do think Arya will be the one to kill Cersi.

I'm not really happy with Danny and how see seems to have changed from previous seasons. And Tyrion really needs to get back to being the smartest guy in the room. Maybe it's a case of lazy writing?

I have enjoyed both episodes this season. I'm actually missing Tormund swooning over Brienne and I hope they both survive the coming war.

They lived! Yes!!!!! Although after Tormund told his "origin" story I don't think he has much of a chance with Ser Brienne.

I enjoyed the heck out of this episode. I was glad that the Unsullied finally looked like seasoned disciplined warriors instead of the biggest can's in all the land.

It was dark and hard to see but that added to the overall atmosphere. I watched with the lights off, at night, to make sure had the best possible viewing. I'll watch it again and I may adjust the tv to see more detail.

How sweet is this!

upload_2019-5-3_15-9-46.jpeg

Am I the only one sad to see the night king get it?

No, I would like to have seen him go on a bit longer. When it was clear that the Battle of Winterfell was episode 3 and Cersei was still in Kings Landing getting mani/pedis from the Reanimator, the outcome of the episode was a foregone conclusion. Night King = Darth Maul in blue.

That said, the two toughest, most resilient characters are Cersei and Sansa, and I predict that it comes down to them in the end. Arya Montoya will be there for good measure.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
So I guess the MacGuffin here is the throne of swords?

<Am I the only one sad to see the night king get it?>

Well, I do feel I hardly got to know him at all! It may turn out that he made things more interesting that a run of the mill squabble over governance of lands and people! All of his "subjects" seemed willing to do anything for him, no questions asked. And he was not afraid to be right up there on the front lines with them. They must have loved him. Snappy dresser. Charismatic. Piercing blue eyes. Brilliant tactician. Self taught, but could ride the heck out of a dragon!

Yea, he will be missed.
a NYtimes level obituary
funniest post of the day

That move where Arya dropped the dagger to her other hand - didn't she do that before, or did someone try it on her?

I forgot about the dead already in the crypt. I was waiting for Sansa to see a zombie and say "Mom? What are you doing up?"
That was intense.
Count me among those who wasn't sure who lived and who died because it was dark the entire episode and cut from place to place so much.
I get the whole cinematic setting of the episode, but HBO still needs to consider that people need to see it and understand what's going on.
I'll have to re-watch.
Yeah, it was hard to get worked up when you could not tell friend from foe.
There's even more doubt because not all the wounds looked fatal.

RIP Lyanna Mormont. She had spunk!

What about Ghost? Didn't he run out alongside the Dothraki charge?

Seems a bit disappointing that after seven seasons of building up the "winter is coming" threat to have the Night King and his army defeated in a single episode, good as it was.
I think the deep extended Winters (without a zombie apocalypse) were an irregularly repeated thing, and this Winter was the one that the Night King decided to make his move in.

They couldn’t knock off the Hound cuz he’s got to fight his brother at the end!!
AND he has to be able to hear Arya say to him "Thanks dude - you're officially off my List."

I'm just glad they didn't have the Rohirrim arrive Cersei (with a change of heart) and her troops swoop in to save the day.

Some theories floating around that we haven’t seen the last of the undead. Something to do with crasters sons that the white walkers took

Top Bottom