What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All I know is if Cersei and Jaime come crawling out of the rubble, they'll be hell to pay.

Well. They got to take a (brick) shower together.

Whatever happens in the last, a lot of pieces will be moving, and we won't all be happy. The show HATES happy...

AA

Maybe Dany has it completely right.

You don’t usurp a throne and gain dominion over an entire people by simply deposing the current monarch and everyone else will pay homage. “Say what you will about the Targerians, they were conquerers” to quote King Joffrey.

You must drop the hammer.

As an example; would Japan have surrendered without the extreme measures used against largely civilian populations?

The thing is, she zigzagged her way through the city, torching non-combatants. It was not just about getting to the Keep.
It's an uncharacteristic "kick the dog" moment for her.

I think we have been building towards this moment for all season long, and for part of last season as well. Last season she devolved into "bend the knee" because she believed that it was her destiny or birthright to rule. This season with the loss of her dragon, Missandei, and Jon Snow, along with being betrayed by Varys, she finally went over the edge. Ironically she did what her father the Mad King wanted to do before Jamie Lannister stopped him.

Ironically she did what her father the Mad King wanted to do before Jamie Lannister stopped him.
Speaking of that, what was up with the Wildfire seen here and there in the streets amongst the dragon fire. Was that Cersei's doing?
If so, how did it help her cause?

proxy.php

I dunno. I’m feeling a bit underwhelmed at this season so far.
I feel like there is going to be some very quick resolution to this story and so many of the main characters left are going to be underdone-
Dany
Arya
Sansa
Jon
Tyrion
Ser Davos
Bran
Bron

??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You left out Brienne of Tarth.

I think the show's writing has faltered the further they have gone beyond the point of GRRM's books.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Dunno. She played fast and careless with the napalm; it's obvious from the many horrified-look takes of Jon and Tyrion that there's a new baddie to defeat.

Although smoke-blackened and hair-tousled Dany kinda looked worth following. :a30:

I mean. :001_tongu Who really had friends in King's Landing anyways?

AA

Rewatched the episode.

I had read an article that talked about how the opening scene with Varys and his “little bird” implies that he was attempting to poison Danarys. Looks plausible.

It was also nice to see Grey Worm kicking some butt again after a season as Misandae’s plaything. He was off the hook. Bravo.

Final stretch here, boys...

Top Bottom