What's new

Warning regarding ThermoWorks products at Amazon, eBay and other sites

According to a new pop up on the Thermoworks site:

http://www.thermoworks.com/blog/2016/02/new-warning-thermoworks-website/

Warning regarding ThermoWorks products at Amazon, eBay and other sites
The lowest internet prices for ThermoWorks products are available at thermoworks.com and through special offers received by subscribers to ThermoWorks emails.

Amazon, eBay, walmart.com, sears.com and their sellers are NOT Authorized Dealers. There are unscrupulous sellers at those sites who have purchased ThermoWorks products at retail prices and are then re-selling them at significantly elevated prices, sometimes 2 to 4 times the Authorized List Price. After receiving numerous complaints from customers who were victimized by those listings, we felt it was important to do what we could to warn unsuspecting consumers.

Furthermore, we have received a growing number of complaints that such sellers are offering counterfeit, copycat, stolen units, and "Open-Box" units as authentic NEW ThermoWorks products. Thus, from January 1st of 2016, technical support and warranty coverage are only available on ThermoWorks products that are purchased direct from ThermoWorks or from ThermoWorks' Authorized Dealers. In this way we know the consumer is fully protected and we can protect our reputation for treating customers fairly. Extended Info

** Perhaps this can stay up in the Mess Hall a few days, before moving to Shopping & Deals **

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My 2 cents on this.

Many items are fulfilled through amazon through partners. From what I've seen there is a lot of speculation happening by these partners in Canada. Finding things not offered on amazon in Canada and then charging stiff prices.

I've purchased may items on the amazon US site where the price in Canada was just absurd. On the other hand there have been cases where the price difference has been absurd and the sellers on the amazon US site had a better price but would not ship to Canada. Some items I've managed to find through EBay and some I'm just not going to buy.

Buyer beware seems always to apply.

Ordered from ThermoWorks on the weekend, received the order Wednesday morning. The Amazon.ca prices were obscene. Found a place in Vaughn that carries ThermoWorks products and their prices were pretty much the dollar exchange different from the ThermoWorks site.

dave

Ordered from ThermoWorks on the weekend, received the order Wednesday morning. The Amazon.ca prices were obscene. Found a place in Vaughn that carries ThermoWorks products and their prices were pretty much the dollar exchange different from the ThermoWorks site.

dave
I've placed a few orders direct as well and have always been happy.

No customs, quick shipping and always wait for a sale or when they have freebies.

Top Bottom