What's new

Warning... Int'l Pipe Orders!!!

I just received a bill from FedEx for $30.14 for the Al Pascia Curvy pipe I ordered last month. $20 FDA Processing fee, plus taxes, etc. So a $100 pipe just beacme $130. [emoji35] [emoji107]

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yep. That's happened to me when I've ordered from overseas, except I don't recall any FDA processing fee--just customs tariff.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yeah. That's buying me more and more as I think about it. What the heck does the FDA have to do with a carved pipe?

Be happy... here in the UK anything over 20GBP gets a 9pound handling fee tacked on top. And that is without the actual fee that you get charged.

Yeah. That's buying me more and more as I think about it. What the heck does the FDA have to do with a carved pipe?

I seem to recall they caught up pipes in the new regulations, deeming them a "tobacco product". My guess is that is why there was an FDA charge on it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I seem to recall they caught up pipes in the new regulations, deeming them a "tobacco product". My guess is that is why there was an FDA charge on it.

This is just outrageous. We need to hold a pipe and tobacco fees protest.

Sons of Liberty...onward to Boston Harbor! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!! :lol:

This is just outrageous. We need to hold a pipe and tobacco fees protest.

Sons of Liberty...onward to Boston Harbor! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!! :lol:

As best I can figure out, their over all thought process was basically they wanted to shut down the vaping industry. Vape juice is pretty simple to mix at home with just a couple ingredients that they can't easily restrict or control the sale of, so in the end they had to really go after the hardware devices. Someone in some meeting must have come up with the conclusion that since they were hitting pipe tobacco the same as vape juice, why not toss pipes in as well with the vape hardware...

Hmm, I order from overseas and haven't seen an FDA fee. I do receive a bill from FedEx that is usually in the 20.00 - 30.00 range. FedEx pays the import/export fees and charges an admin fee to fill out the paperwork on the buyer's behalf. First time I learned about it I was hopping mad until I learned more about it. But an FDA fee, I've not heard of that.

Top Bottom