What's new

WARNING Gillette 430030

I recently won the bid on what I thought was a Gillette Gen 3 Aristocrat. When it got to me, I found out it was defective. To open the doors, the entire handle spun and the knob was not functional. I was able to return it and get all my money back. I just noticed that the Seller has relisted the same razor:

NICE GILLETTE RODHIUM 430030 SAFETY RAZOR - ENGLAND | eBay

If you look closely, you will find that the knob on the bottom stays in place whether the door is open or closed. The real Aristocrats (and most older Gillette TTO) would have the knob lowered, exposing part of the shaft when the doors are closed and move upward when the doors are opened.

If you are looking for a good price on a 3rd Gen Aristocrat, look elsewhere as this is not it.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks for the heada up, Les. Glad you got it sorted out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

is it just me or does the doors look bent and the blade bar (?) look like king kong wound it shut and bent that too.
240619gillettesuelta2.jpg
240619gillettesuelta6.jpg

Does eBay still allow you to flag listings?
@gvw755 I wonder if it would let you flag it as an inaccurate listing or something like that, as a previous buyer that they would be able to see had to return the item. It pisses me off when these shady sellers try to do stuff like this, would be awesome to nip it in the bud before someone else has to deal with the same thing you did.

is it just me or does the doors look bent and the blade bar (?) look like king kong wound it shut and bent that too.
View attachment 994757 View attachment 994758
I have more detailed pics which I sent to eBay/seller for my dispute:

DSC02764.JPG
g.jpg
g1.jpg

No questions or statements by the seller, just a return postage label.

The worst part was that I had a snipe bid on a second razor which I pulled out of after winning this one. THAT razor sold for less than I paid for this one.

I have seen several listings that were obviously wrong on eBay, think a gem Brooklyn 1912 is still listed as a Damaskeene since the box and blade holder have it on them. Also a gem in an autostrop box listed as an autostrop lol.

Top Bottom