What's new

Wardonia, what should I do?

Hi all!
I was at a local second hand/flea market shop today and found some nice things.
I also found a Wardonia three piece bakelit razor with a metal cap.
Never seen one here i Sweden, and the cost was only 1 Euro so I bought it.

Now, what should I do with it?
It will not take standard DE blades.
I search through B&B and found some tips on how to modify standard blades.
I don't know if I want to modify blades when I need a shave.

But on the other hand, it's quite nice looking, real vintage so to speak, a nice wash and maybe have it on display?

IMG_20200728_124327.jpgIMG_20200728_124402.jpgIMG_20200728_124409.jpg

It's amazing razor. Shaved like a dream.
Modifying a blade takes couple of seconds. You can use a small scissors or buy a 1/8 punch on Amazon.
One of the best razors around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.
I think I'll have a go and cut a blade as described in another thread.
I read that the Wardonia is a quite aggressive razor, how aggressive would you say it is?

Wardonia is a great razor, the few seconds it takes to mod the blade is time well spent. As with any new razor, take it slow and easy until you get used to it.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I also found a Wardonia three piece bakelit razor with a metal cap. Never seen one here i Sweden, and the cost was only 1 Euro so I bought it.

I have one exactly like that. Great razor! If you gently place your blade on the razor you will see where you need to modify the blade a little. I simply break off the ends of the tabs with a pair of needle-nose pliers.

Don't let it scare you! Be gentle and use good technique, and you'll get a good shave out of it!

O.H.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have 4 or 5 of these and none of mine take standard blades. There is supposed to be a model of the Wardonia that does take standard blades but I have not come across one yet. I also have not tried mine yet as I have not tried to modify a blade. I hear great things on Wardonia razors so I should take the time and give one a spin.

Now, what should I do with it?
It will not take standard DE blades.
I search through B&B and found some tips on how to modify standard blades.
I don't know if I want to modify blades when I need a shave.
I have a few of those and use them often, in fact, they're some of my favorite DE razors.

I don't modify the blades because that would be a pain. Using a file, I just modified the baseplate like the factory did for the French models (link here) and using a standard DE bullet cap, I can now use modified DE blades. I've tried a few different caps and prefer the Old Type thick cap.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
It's amazing razor. Shaved like a dream.
Modifying a blade takes couple of seconds. You can use a small scissors or buy a 1/8 punch on Amazon.
One of the best razors around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the 1/8" hole punch for ~$6 from Amazon. Took less than a minute to modify a blade and less than 10 seconds to align it in the razor.

I will be shaving with the Wardonia on Wednesday or Thursday. :)

Top Bottom