What's new

wardonia blades

I've heard that it's possible to modify DE blades to fit a Wardonia razor. Anyone have experience with doing this successfully? Otherwise are the vintage Wardonia blades difficult to find and are they any good? Thanks

I'm going to try to run this one by you experts again to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge about this issue. Thanks

Well, I answered this question on my own. I clipped off a couple of the inner tabs on a modern DE blade and used it with my Wardonia razor and think I may have gotten one of the closest shaves I've ever had. On the first WTG pass, I felt that it might be a bit too aggressive, but the rest of the shave was very comfortable, even ATG on the third pass and the shave was really close, but very enjoyable. I'll definitely be using this in my rotation.

Well, I answered this question on my own. I clipped off a couple of the inner tabs on a modern DE blade and used it with my Wardonia razor and think I may have gotten one of the closest shaves I've ever had. On the first WTG pass, I felt that it might be a bit too aggressive, but the rest of the shave was very comfortable, even ATG on the third pass and the shave was really close, but very enjoyable. I'll definitely be using this in my rotation.

There are 2 different Wardonia's (with the outer pins closer together or further apart than a DE) and it is possible to make DE-blades fit for both types. You just clip another 4 tabs.

It is an operation with some risk though but probably a better option than trying to find affordable and usable Wardonia blades; most of them are rusty and they are collectable as well so no big numbers and a non-moderate price tag.

Yes, I have one of each of the Wardonias, this is the first time I've tried it with modern DE blades, and it was on the one that has the outer posts further apart. Shaved with it this morning and it's definitely worth the trouble of clipping the little tabs... I used those strong scissors they show cutting a penny on the commercials... worked fine. I bought some Wardonia blades off the bay that were in good condition but the shave was rough... couldn't tolerate it. Modern blades are great in it. To answer DunEdinRanger's question, I'll try to do pictures tonight when I put up a BST post to sell a few razors (actually hoping to trade some Gillettes for a Merkur Bakelite since I've enjoyed this Bakelite Wardonia).

Top Bottom