What's new

Wanting a NICE DE razor.

For $75, I’d give serious thought to buying a trusted Merkur 34HD, a quality, low-priced Stirling brush and a few pucks of artisan soaps. Then, when your technique is perfected, you can jump down the rabbit hole (if you’re so inclined).

I think the Timeless Bronze is miles a head of the 34C and is easily worth the extra cost. Also, I’d rather go with the Rockwell 6C over the 34C for about the same price.

Vintage Gillette’s, Merkurs, Parker, muhle, etc.. you can almost never go wrong when keeping it simple with the razor brands that have been time tested and proven. Personally my go to razors at the moment are Merkur 34C, 37C, and formerly Gillette 55/57 Super Speed

If you want a single modern razor, I'd recommend a Rockwell 6S. If you want vintage, I'd recommend a NEW, OLD, and a slim :).

As for a soap, I really like Tabac or Cognac and Cuban Cigars.
I just bought a Slim a week or two ago. I love it. Best adjustable razor I've used. I love it.

Reason I suggested Timeless is you can try it for 30 days and I’d doesn’t work for you Return it. If it works you have a beautiful long lasting razor.

For me, when I first started I didn’t know enough about razors to by a vintage one. Very few companies will let you try there razor, the other 3 I know of ATT, Blackland and one blade genesis are razors way over your budget. Just my $.01 worth

I’d suggest a Rockwell 6s because it’s basically 6 razors in one and it’s made of stainless steel. The plissoft synthetics from ItalianBarber are cheap and perform well and don’t shed.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
So, I'm wanting to buy a really nice DE razor for myself for Christmas. I'm looking to spend between 75.00 - 100.00... Anyone know of a great DE razor and what websites to go to? I have been looking at PAA website. I'm also wanting a better brush, more soap pucks, oils and aftershave balms and after shaves.

Fatip Piccolo Open Comb Razor – Nickel Finish | Maggard Razors - Straight Razor Restoration, Custom Scales and Wet Shaving Products

Only 3 left in stock at $19.60. They go fast so you better hurry. Then use the remaining $80 on a brush and soaps/creams of choice.

Top Bottom