What's new

Wanting a New Razor

Definitely consider the Fatip Open Comb Slant. Mine is WAY better than its price suggests, in efficiency, smoothness, versatility for blades, balance, weight, and durability. (All parts are plated brass. Mine is chrome-plated.)
To me, these are the only downsides:
- The threading on the top plate isn't standard. So you pretty much have to use a Fatip handle.
- The handle is hollow and open on the bottom. So your hand gets wet when you turn the razor right side up.
- Some have reported uneven blade exposure (QC problem). Mine is perfect on this.

Definitely consider the Fatip Open Comb Slant. Mine is WAY better than its price suggests, in efficiency, smoothness, versatility for blades, balance, weight, and durability. (All parts are plated brass. Mine is chrome-plated.)
To me, these are the only downsides:
- The threading on the top plate isn't standard. So you pretty much have to use a Fatip handle.
- The handle is hollow and open on the bottom. So your hand gets wet when you turn the razor right side up.
- Some have reported uneven blade exposure (QC problem). Mine is perfect on this.

I think a Fatip is a good choice, but I prefer the new Il Grosso to any of the other current Fatip offerings. The handle is not open at the bottom (unlike the Slant or the Grande) and has both good weight and a larger than average circumference. The only downside to the handleon the Il Grosso is that it is not knurled or textured. I have the Gold Il Grosso, and it will certainly be something quite different looking than your current razors.

1663350495266.png

I think a Fatip is a good choice, but I prefer the new Il Grosso to any of the other current Fatip offerings. The handle is not open at the bottom (unlike the Slant or the Grande) and has both good weight and a larger than average circumference. The only downside to the handleon the Il Grosso is that it is not knurled or textured. I have the Gold Il Grosso, and it will certainly be something quite different looking than your current razors.

View attachment 1523443
Or, he could get the original this is copied from. Probably spend a little more, especially if it needs a little work/replate but so much better to own the real thing IMO.

The Simple Clean Shave razor. Incredibly smooth and lightweight should handle completely different from the others. Made in USA by a one man show for a bargain price. I prefer it over the previously mentioned Henson.

Or, he could get the original this is copied from. Probably spend a little more, especially if it needs a little work/replate but so much better to own the real thing IMO.
I wasn't aware that the Fatip open comb razors were copied from something else. What razor did Fatip copy?

I like the Lupo 95 OC also. For me it provides a comfortable and pretty efficient shave.

Also, my understanding is that the KCG and R89 share essentially the same head, so one of them is redundant. That would free up 2 spots :)

Yea they do. I like to mix and match the head and plates for a little variation. KGC top with R89 plate is a damn good combo.

Top Bottom