What's new

Wanted: Photos of DE razors (I'll send you something in return)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be working on the DE section of the Wiki and wanted to start adding some photos. I know there are tons of great DE photos on this site, but I don't have time right now to find all of them. So, I'm asking for you to point me to photos (or take new one!). In return, I'll send you a small thank you gift.

1. I'm looking for very nice photos. They don't have to be professional, but the nicer the better. Must be exposed correctly and be sharp. These are to be reference quality photos.
2. Post the photos to this thread. I will select the "best" for use in the wiki.
3. In your post, please include the details of the razor. Manufacturer, model, year, etc...
4. In return, I will send you one pack of Derby blades for each photo you posted that I USE in the wiki. Maximum 5 packs per person. I'm giving out 40 packs total.

I'd like to start by asking that you only post photos that you took. If we don't get very far with that, I'll let any photo be game.

Now go find me some photos!

Also, for those DE gurus out there, if you have a little time to help out with filling in info, I'd greatly appreciate it. Significant contributes will get public appreciation.

Hope this helps? My 'Merkur Progress'

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos guys. Keep them coming. I should say that the photos I'll use will specifically show the details of the razor. These photos are to be used to help others identify what they have. So I'll be choosing photos of closeups with little else in the photo.

Oh, one more thing, make sure you include the details of the razor shown, as I'm not a DE history guru.

My first pic post (just learning how to use my camera), Aristocrat, still new at DE's so I'm not sure of the date etc.

Attachments

• $Picture 115.jpg
    $Picture 115.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 15,526
Details such as this?

Gillette Long Black Handled Super Adjustable with date code G 2. (Second quarter of 1986?)

proxy.php

proxy.php

-Dan

Good photos coming. Check out the wiki for the list of DE razors I'm populating. We're going to need photos from all of them.

I would like to contribute to this thread, BUT...

How do you upload a picture from your computer without making it an attachment to the posting. I see pictures on most of the responses that are not an attachment. No disrespect intended...but I'm not a computer geek (I use that term respectfully)...and not very computer literate.:eek:

Thanks.

I would like to contribute to this thread, BUT...

How do you upload a picture from your computer without making it an attachment to the posting. I see pictures on most of the responses that are not an attachment. No disrespect intended...but I'm not a computer geek (I use that term respectfully)...and not very computer literate.:eek:

Thanks.

Click on the tab to take you to the Gallery (at the top of the page under More+). There you can find your Member folder where you can upload your pictures (it is pretty straightforward). Each picture will then have an img link that you cut and paste into your post and the pic will appear in the post. Ask if any questions - it is actually pretty easy.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom