What's new

Wanted: Photos of DE razors (I'll send you something in return)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the English Aristocrat No.66
proxy.php

I would like to contribute to this thread, BUT...

How do you upload a picture from your computer without making it an attachment to the posting. I see pictures on most of the responses that are not an attachment. No disrespect intended...but I'm not a computer geek (I use that term respectfully)...and not very computer literate.:eek:

Thanks.

Oscar:

Here's a link to some information about uploading pictures. The process is spelled out near the end.

here is my Merkur Classic

full

full

3 pieces, the handle is the same as the HD Merkur except slimmer and a bit lighter

Last edited by a moderator:
These are my Aristocrats. I am listing the dates but I must say, I am not positive of the accuracy since only one has a date code. I tried to shoot them all the same to show the differences between years if any.

First is a 1941 Aristocrat (Maybe '47)
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Second is a 1949 Aristocrat
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Third is a 1950 Aristocrat
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Fourth is a 1955 Aristocrat
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Awesome photos gents. Early next week I will be adding the selected photos to the wiki. If one of your photos is selected, I will contact you via PM for shipping info. Thanks a ton everyone. This is certainly going to add a lot of value to the wiki!

I'm compiling photos this week and will be updating the wiki. If anyone wants to help, PM me and we can split up the tasks. The Derby blades are sitting there waiting to be mailed out as soon as I get this all sorted out.

"Before" and "after" photos -- the after could be sharper, but I still haven't bought that !@#$ table tripod...

proxy.php
proxy.php

You guys know the drill: Scrubbing Bubbles and a toothbrush, then four hours of polishing with Simichrome and a couple of soft rags... and worth every bit of it.

Update: After spending some more time with Krumholz's book, I think this is a "New Improved", rather than a "New Standard" (which would date it at early-1920s, rather than early-1930s); mostly because of the heavy, flat guard. Opinions?

I HOPEFULLY will be able to do all the uploads this next week. I'll send PMs to those people who's photos I use.

No, I haven't forgotten about this. I've just been very busy and for part of the time, out of time. I've sent out some of the Derby blades, but still owe some to a few of you. If you've posted photos, just send me a PM. That's easier for me to know who I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom