What's new

Wanted: Honemeister for Gifts

Gentlemen of B & B,

I would sign up for SRP to make this request, but I would think it a little pretentious with only a few posts. Also, I know that there are cross members between both sites.

I posted on the B/S/T section for a shave ready Wapienica for myself and got to thinking that these would also make a great gift!
I would like to give one to the godfather of my 3 month old baby girl on her Baptism day on November 17. Shave ready and engraved since the scales are metal.
I plan on purchasing a couple from stamps222 on ebay for just that purpose.
Can you guys recommend a honemeister to send them to or if any of you guys would do this for me. I would pay for shipping and labor fees.

Hopefully it will also make a few converts as well!!:smile:

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Lawrence

Gentlemen of B & B,

I would sign up for SRP to make this request, but I would think it a little pretentious with only a few posts. Also, I know that there are cross members between both sites.

I posted on the B/S/T section for a shave ready Wapienica for myself and got to thinking that these would also make a great gift!
I would like to give one to the godfather of my 3 month old baby girl on her Baptism day on November 17. Shave ready and engraved since the scales are metal.
I plan on purchasing a couple from stamps222 on ebay for just that purpose.
Can you guys recommend a honemeister to send them to or if any of you guys would do this for me. I would pay for shipping and labor fees.

Hopefully it will also make a few converts as well!!:smile:

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Lawrence

Lawrence,
How many razors are you talking about?

I think your efforts to give a straight as a gift are great however unless you know the person will use them or is a straight user the chances are the razor will go into a drawer and never see the light of day. Those of us that use a straight sometimes forget that we are in a tiny minority and are looked at a strange by many. Its not something the average guy would ever use. Most don't have the inclination to go through the learning curve. maybe you might consider a nice brush or DE. Just a thought.

I think your efforts to give a straight as a gift are great however unless you know the person will use them or is a straight user the chances are the razor will go into a drawer and never see the light of day. Those of us that use a straight sometimes forget that we are in a tiny minority and are looked at a strange by many. Its not something the average guy would ever use. Most don't have the inclination to go through the learning curve. maybe you might consider a nice brush or DE. Just a thought.

Great minds think alike! I pm'ed him the similar message - but one thing I'd also like to add to your post, is it COULD turn into an accident/injury which is certainly no gift. This is somewhat of a general message - if you give someone a straight razor, and they have no idea what to do with it, even if you give them the proper resources (IE: an instructional DVD, links to forums, etc) they may either read all of the resources/watch the DVD, and still slice a big gash in the side of their cheek, and/or much worse - try the razor out on their own without ANY instruction, and really injure themselves.

Straight razors ARE blades, and if someone has used an electric razor their whole lives, moving a straight razor horizontally on ones face could cause a really horrible gash. If you (whomever intends to give a straight as a gift) still wish to give it as a gift, at the VERY least, please make sure it is something they want, it is something they are willing to take slowly, and make sure you are well versed and experienced in the use/care of a straight razor yourself, as you should be able to give your friend proper instruction and demonstration.

Already made the decision of not giving a straight razor as a gift thanks to Joel's advice. Thanks Joel! Especially a shave ready razor!!:eek:
I think a simple DE would be a better choice as well as a small kit to start as he does seem to be interested in it.:cool:

I, on the other hand , will be going down the traditional straight razor path as a newb and will be doing as much research as I can.

Thanks guys!

Lawrence

Top Bottom