What's new

Want to upgrade from a Merkur 34c

Don’t be intimidated by the R41. It’s surprisingly easy to use and you’ll get the closest shaves of your life. I highly recommend you try it. If it’s not for you, they are easy to sell. A tip too is that you can buy the R41 head by itself from some vendors to save some money if you have an existing favourite handle.

I'd like to suggest the Rockwell 6c for two reasons:
(a) the use of differing plates makes the razor very flexible.
(b) it delivers a very smooth shave even on R6 (my personal favourite).
You mentioned that you're finding them hard to find in the UK, but don't worry - I'm also in the UK (England) and got mine from Shave Lounge (free delivery).

Last edited:
An adjustable of some kind does sound like a definite possibility. I'll need to do some research, as I hadn't given these much thought previously.

I just started using my old Gillette Slim Adjustable again after many years, and I've been astonished how much I like it. So I went on and researched a bunch of adjustables, reviews, YT videos. Result was that the preferences were strongly for these:
- Gillette Slim Adjustable
- Gillette Fatboy
- Gillette Super Adjustable
- Merkur Progress

Any of the above would be a good choice. You get a chance to shave at .68 gap or .84 gap and a few others, so you can really choose the way you like to shave. I'm hooked right now.

Top Bottom