What's new

Want to buy a new blade , need advice

i'm very jealous of that TI! i've never happened upon one of those :) congratulations on a great start to the whet'r shaving game. i didn't see anyone mention this, but it's important to be aware, just because a shavette looks like a straight razor, i've heard many people talk about how differently they shave then a straight razor. Just be aware, and don't get deterred!

Thanks ufgoodies.

I’ve read it helps and I’ve read it hurts to start with a shavette. I have 75 shaves with the shavette under my belt (pretty new, I only know because i counted how many blades I have left out of a 100 pack) however I have found 75 ways to shave as well. I don’t think a day passes where I don’t try to perfect my technique in some way . To this point I expect there to be some kind of leaning curve involved , but I honestly do have fun and enjoy shaving everyday again. Oddly enough, I cannot wait !! It may be like starting all over again which will be kind of neat , or maybe I find that I’m not as good as I think I am, either way I’m not one to give up, especially something I enjoy this much . And the forum and it’s members have been great!!

Thanks ufgoodies.

I’ve read it helps and I’ve read it hurts to start with a shavette. I have 75 shaves with the shavette under my belt (pretty new, I only know because i counted how many blades I have left out of a 100 pack) however I have found 75 ways to shave as well. I don’t think a day passes where I don’t try to perfect my technique in some way . To this point I expect there to be some kind of leaning curve involved , but I honestly do have fun and enjoy shaving everyday again. Oddly enough, I cannot wait !! It may be like starting all over again which will be kind of neat , or maybe I find that I’m not as good as I think I am, either way I’m not one to give up, especially something I enjoy this much . And the forum and it’s members have been great!!

Honestly, 99 percent of what I have heard/read has not been validated with my experience. I'm glad I bought a Feather SS and I still enjoy it's use.

I also feel no need to use just one razor per shave.

Twelvefret,

Great to hear! I can see myself experimenting and using a Spanish point style in the near future ( once I purchase one) to maintin a tight goatee after I use a different style straight for the rest of my face.

Twelvefret,

Great to hear! I can see myself experimenting and using a Spanish point style in the near future ( once I purchase one) to maintin a tight goatee after I use a different style straight for the rest of my face.
Might consider a 1930's Schick injector for the facial hair detail. Sharp Schick blades and unique head shape equals a very special detail razor.

Top Bottom