What's new

Want refreshing? Barbasol!

I bought a bottle of this at Family Dollar store for $2 the other day. It smelled good in the bottle, but I don't remember if I've ever used it. I do remember it from many years ago, but probably from commercials or ads.

Well I used it this morning and WOW how awesome! This stuff is incredibly cool and refreshing! This is now gonna be one of my handful of go-to aftershaves. :thumbup:

proxy.php

I sure found it refreshing and also love the scent, so it's now become part of my daily rotation of aftershaves (alongside Clubman, Aqua Velva and Old Spice).

I wish I liked them. I do. I've tried a couple bottles of each. I still have a bottle of Pacific Rush, but I just can't get past the scents of them.

The Brisk is a clone of Skin Bracer. But there is some note in Brisk that is overpowering to my nose. It gives me a headache. And the scent of Pacific Rush is not pleasant to my nose either. I'm not sure why. Too bad, since they are so cheap.

Kudos to all of you who enjoy them!

I bought both the Brisk and the Pacific Rush (I like both) but around here the only place that sells those is Dollar General. But I haven't been in a Family Dollar for a couple of months and maybe they have it now.

Another spectacular shave this AM, finished off with a generous splash of Barbasol "Brisk". I love this stuff! I dare say this a most refreshing feeling (cool menthol!) and coupled with a great scent. I give this stuff two thumbs up :thumbup:

Tried the Pacific Rush for the first time this morning. I am not a big menthol guy, but freeze went away pretty rapidly, but liked the scent and overall post shave feel.

Took a shot with Pacific Rush. I'm not sure I like the smell but wife does so I'll keep using it. I'll try Brisk next I think. Price is right.

The initial scent of Pacific Rush has a medicinal mouthwash vibe, at least to my nose, and I don't really like that too much. However, the dry-down is very nice. The mint/medicinal scent gives way to eucalyptus and coumarin. And the menthol blast is certainly refreshing.

Have a bottle of Brisk on order from Walgreens. Looking forward to trying it during the summer months.

-Josh

Top Bottom