What's new

Walmart - Walmeck Double Edge Safety Razor Butterfly Open

That is almost certainly coming straight from China, you aren't finding it on the shelves locally. Walmart is as bad as Amazon now with their "marketplace" sellers. It's impossible to just look at items sold by Walmart, that is why you are seeing more razors. Plus half of them are probably just re-badged anyway. Sorry to be Debby Downer.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. The QC is probably pretty questionable on items like this.

The thing is that you can get a Weishi at Italian Barber and pretty much any major shaving retailer without the uncertainty. It would be nice if they had options other than VDH in store, I will give you that.

I bought the Van Der Hagen short handle (which, as I understand it, is a rebranded Weishi 9306) as my starter razor for DE shaving. I am acutally quite pleased with the build quality (for the price). I think it's actually quite a good starter for a beginner (speaking from my own experience!).

My first razor was a Vikings Blade($$), supposedly the razors that Weishi copied. Chicken/egg thing since they were making them for VB.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That is almost certainly coming straight from China, you aren't finding it on the shelves locally. Walmart is as bad as Amazon now with their "marketplace" sellers. It's impossible to just look at items sold by Walmart, that is why you are seeing more razors. Plus half of them are probably just re-badged anyway. Sorry to be Debby Downer.
There are so many of those. CVS has them too - meaning rebadged something, probably Weishi. If a person gets one that is well assembled, straight and so on, I'm sure you can get a good shave.

For a lower cost razor where QC is not a problem, a Gillette Heritage from Amazon, Maggards branded, or Razorock are all good places to look.

It looks like a Bali head with a Muhle handle. The world is full of clones but I think most all come from the same manufacturer. I do like the look of it and that was their goal. They are very good at understanding what we like and then reeling us in with dirt cheap deals.

Top Bottom