What's new

Wallets

Like several of you, I've always hated the feel of a thick wallet on my backside when I sit. I found this Coach "Compact ID" wallet and it's a great middle of the road between large wallets and money clips. If I don't stuff it, it's plenty small enough to put in my front pocket.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
Great idea. Did you print the little strips of paper yourself? Code 39 or 128?

Yes. I don't remember if I adjusted the scale of the print job or anything, but once it's folded in half (so that it's front & back) and trimmed down, the entire thing is about 1" across and 3" long.

I have folds between the barcodes so that when I'm having the cashier scan it, I can fold the others out of the way to prevent confusion/issues.

If you want thin, then check out All Ett at http://www.thinnestwallet.com/

You can get them in spinnaker cloth or leather. They are thin. I got one and then after my Dad and sons saw it they got one too.

Wow, they look good; might have to invest in one.

As per the majority I prefer to have a bifold thin wallet. I use to have a trifold wallet and when it was full it looked like I was carrying a small animal in the front pocket of my trousers!

B

bluefoxicy

Well for my first foray into the haberdashery i am asking if bi fold or trifold have any major pros or cons that i could be enlightened on.

tri-fold has the advantage of having a decent layout with two sides to hold cards, plus the center segment for your ID (easy to show) and all those little plastic things for holding like... business cards, voter ID.... Trifold folds up smaller as well.

Bi-fold has the advantage of having 4 credit/ID cards per side, and folding up nicer. It's quicker and easier to open and close. Because there's just one fold, it's easier to insert cash. You can flip up one side to show your ID; the ID is more accessible if you need to remove it in many cases. Also a bifold should hold more cash, since it folds only once, rather than having to fold another side over and then getting stuck open because it's too fat.

I carry a trifold, but may move back to a bifold.

+1. We are not women. We do not have a handbag to keep our wallet in. Most of the time it is in our back pocket which means we have to SIT on the damn thing. Remove everything which is not essential and get the thinnest wallet you can. Bi fold.

Dude. Front right pocket.

I've got a Braithwaite wallet, it wasn't cheap but I really liked it and their lifetime guarantee combined with their Lost Wallet Promise ensures it was a one off expense.

Damn you!

http://www.braithwaitewallets.com/wallets/9-orpheus

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have a bi-fold. Made of leather. I used to have a tri-fold, as mentionned up here, too thick.

Also, I use leather as oppose to that plastic fabric... I found out, the hard way, that when you walk, they slip out of your pocket...

What did men use in the 20s-40s? Mainly money clips because credit cards didn't exist?

Most likely affluent gentleman of the era would have carried a money clip, or their wallet would have been in the inside pocket of their suit jacket or sport coat. *this is why most suits have inside pockets, I believe*

Personally, I carry a non-folded wallet. That is to say, I carry a trucker/skater style wallet with a chain. I don't like my money being all origami-folded into a tiny pocket and I don't carry any credit cards. The only downside to this one is, so far, I haven't found a replacement of similar quality. You'll notice one snap is missing. It managed to wear through the back pocket of my Levi's and get stuck in the hole it made and popped off.

I have a leather tri-fold, but I have seriously needed to find something slimmer for years. I do not carry credit cards (just bank card and one emergency c/c) and rarely carry cash but somehow my wallet is always an inch thick...way too thick.

I've checked out that "Magic Fold" wallet and am considering it

I should get something like this: :001_tongu
http://www.vat19.com/dvds/the-mighty-wallet.cfm
proxy.php

I carried my wallet in my back pocket when I was a teenager before working or having anything to put in wallets, but since I was about 16, I have carried it in my front left pocket. I would imagine sitting on a wallet for years can't be good for your spine's alignment and it is just uncomfortable sitting on a lump. It's also easier to get stolen when in your rear pocket.

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about getting an RFID blocking wallet now. I'm reading white papers on card skimming and they are scaring the hell out of me.

Yes. I don't remember if I adjusted the scale of the print job or anything, but once it's folded in half (so that it's front & back) and trimmed down, the entire thing is about 1" across and 3" long.

I have folds between the barcodes so that when I'm having the cashier scan it, I can fold the others out of the way to prevent confusion/issues.

That's an ingenious idea!

This would also eliminate a dozen cards off my keychain as well as a few cards in my wallet.

I hate how you need a "card" for every store now...groceries, hardware, pharmacies, pet shops, retail stores... :cursing:

I have a bi-fold but it stays (mostly) in my briefcase. I really don't like keeping it in my back pocket, no matter HOW thin it is. :thumbdown

Top Bottom