What's new

Wallets

Well for my first foray into the haberdashery i am asking if bi fold or trifold have any major pros or cons that i could be enlightened on.

I used to only buy tri-fold wallets. About a year ago I had been shown just how much thicker a tri-fold wallet is over a bi-fold. I have since switched to a bi-fold. I have the exact same things in the wallet, and have about 1/2 to 2/3 the thickness of the tri-fold. Alot of the thickness really depends on the wallet and the materials used to make it. I have also began to like the way the bills are folded just once and not twice.
I also really enjoy a good money clip.

Overall the only thing that I can think of is that the thickness of a tri-fold may be the only true downside.

Just my $.02

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My advise is the thinner the better. I keep all affinity cards (store point cards) in a credit card holder in the car. I carry drivers license, health care card, credit card, and bank/debit card in my wallet . . and er. . some money. The wallet I am carrying now is a Swiss Army thing from Costco . . . I took the extra inserts out. It is nice and thin. (ok I do have a picture of my wife . . . I don't know why . . . my memory is better . . . sheesh . . . do we need to be rational all the time?)

Legion

Staff member
My advise is the thinner the better. I keep all affinity cards (store point cards) in a credit card holder in the car. I carry drivers license, health care card, credit card, and bank/debit card in my wallet . . and er. . some money. The wallet I am carrying now is a Swiss Army thing from Costco . . . I took the extra inserts out. It is nice and thin. (ok I do have a picture of my wife . . . I don't know why . . . my memory is better . . . sheesh . . . do we need to be rational all the time?)

+1. We are not women. We do not have a handbag to keep our wallet in. Most of the time it is in our back pocket which means we have to SIT on the damn thing. Remove everything which is not essential and get the thinnest wallet you can. Bi fold.

+1. We are not women. We do not have a handbag to keep our wallet in. Most of the time it is in our back pocket which means we have to SIT on the damn thing. Remove everything which is not essential and get the thinnest wallet you can. Bi fold.

Oh come on, go for the George Castanza wallet. Fit your entire life history in it. :001_tt2:

proxy.php

(Naw, I use as thin of a wallet as possible. For a good while I'd make wallets out of paper and only carry my Drivers license, CC, and a few bills.)

I use a bifold. Stick it in my front pocket. Hear too many stories about back problems from sitting on a wallet.

I keep all affinity cards (store point cards) in a credit card holder in the car.

www.justoneclubcard.com - I've been using that for a year or so and currently carry 7 bar codes on one little slip of paper ("laminated" with tape) that fits in my wallet so that I never have to remember to get the membership cards out of the car.

I also carry a bi-fold with nothing more than insurance card, drivers license, debit card and credit card (and fishing license, because I keep forgetting to take it out and put it in my tackle bag).

I've tried front pocket wallets and clips but if I have to put anything else in that pocket, like keys & my Flip Notes (my phone is in my other pocket and I don't want it getting scratched, and I won't wear it on my belt), then it starts to get bulky and that drives me crazy.

Thin rules in a wallet. My dad is notorious for carrying around a wallet that's grown to be over an inch thick and has hip problems because he sits on the beast.

I unfortunately have a thick wallet. Driver's license, debit card, a credit card, blood donor card, organ donor card, fire department ID, my badge (that's what makes this thing so thick), and most importantly of all: a BevMo card.

But, when not at work and going out I switch to one of my other wallets. At work I wear cargo shorts/pants so I don't have to sit on the thing.

Thin rules in a wallet. My dad is notorious for carrying around a wallet that's grown to be over an inch thick and has hip problems because he sits on the beast.

That's why I always keep my wallet in my front pocket with only two credit cards, my license and $100 in cash.

Thin is better, but practicality requires me to carry other stuff with me. I carry a thin bi-fold with a few plastic cards, Drivers License, cash, and family picture's my wife bought me in Rome, from a small leather shop, about 7 years ago. Checkbook, passport, travel and award cards, note cards, pen, and everything else I use goes in a leather travel wallet I bought at a Eddie Bauer Outlet store somewhere in Alabama around 10 years ago.

Eddie Bauer doesn't carry travel wallets anymore but it is similar the Levenger "Road Scholar" leather passport holder and travel wallet.

Magic Fold!

proxy.php

Seriously. They're amazing and can be found in grownup styles, despite the fact that the image above is from a skate shop.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
www.justoneclubcard.com - I've been using that for a year or so and currently carry 7 bar codes on one little slip of paper ("laminated" with tape) that fits in my wallet so that I never have to remember to get the membership cards out of the car.

I also carry a bi-fold with nothing more than insurance card, drivers license, debit card and credit card (and fishing license, because I keep forgetting to take it out and put it in my tackle bag).

I've tried front pocket wallets and clips but if I have to put anything else in that pocket, like keys & my Flip Notes (my phone is in my other pocket and I don't want it getting scratched, and I won't wear it on my belt), then it starts to get bulky and that drives me crazy.

Great idea. Did you print the little strips of paper yourself? Code 39 or 128?

Top Bottom