What's new

Wallet suggestion please

I have a wallet from Allet and I really enjoy it. I got the leather version, have had it for years, and it's still holding up well. It'd be even better if I'd go clear some more stuff out of it.

I have had one of their wallets for YEARS. Great in every way.
I used to go through a wallet in 2 years max. Then in late 90s Bloomingdales started carrying Tumi wallets. First one I bought lasted 10 yrs. Only brand wallet I'll buy.

I used to go through a wallet in 2 years max. Then in late 90s Bloomingdales started carrying Tumi wallets. First one I bought lasted 10 yrs. Only brand wallet I'll buy.
They may be good, but in comparison to the Big Skinny, almost any traditional wallet is too fat. My wallet with 5 cards and cash is probably 1/2 to less than 1/2 the size of a regular wallet that is empty.

Once you have tasted that level of thinness, it is very hard to go back to traditionally made fat wallets. The Big Skinny is a traditional design, so it doesn't require changing the way one organizes/uses their wallet, unlike most other thin wallet designs.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
They may be good, but in comparison to the Big Skinny, almost any traditional wallet is too fat. My wallet with 5 cards and cash is probably 1/2 to less than 1/2 the size of a regular wallet that is empty.

Once you have tasted that level of thinness, it is very hard to go back to traditionally made fat wallets. The Big Skinny is a traditional design, so it doesn't require changing the way one organizes/uses their wallet, unlike most other thin wallet designs.
Yes. That is what I love about Big Skinny.

Check out Capsule wallets. I have the minimalist, but they make bigger sizes. Excellent quality-ive had mine for at least 6 years now.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I recently bought a Herschel Roy wallet off Amazon. Seems pretty tough.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Not responsive to the OP and great only for the minimalist, I have a Smathers & Branson credit card case with the Texas flag embroidered on it. They have loads of great designs. It holds a driver's license, a debit card, a credit card, and an insurance card.

got a " Hank's belt" wallet a couple of months ago. just a cadillac among all the chevy wallets i have owned. their leather is amazing. should last as long as their belts.

I'm a front-pocket wallet guy. Had very nice ones from Victorinox and Hugo Boss that I think were sold as card cases, but both functioned great and each lasted 5+ years. Now I'm using a Filson that I took a chance on during a Mr. Porter sale when it was about 75% off retail. It's heavier leather than I was used to, but it's proving extremely practical even with fewer slots. Mine is an army green color that's still looking pretty good about three years in.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you haven't bought yet, I recommend Rogue Expedition Front Pocket Wallet - https://www.rogue-industries.com/collections/all/products/rogue-expedition-front-pocket-wallet .

My wife bought me one 10 years ago and it looks almost brand new after 10 years of daily use. Worth the $$.
I had one of these for years, my father in law didn't like it. I loved it. I'm using a back pocket wallet in the front now and it just doesn't work as well.

I'm thinking my lovely War Department should get me a new one for her birthday.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Another vote for a Rogue - see one of mine posted #29 above .. yeah the shape is "distinctive" but works either front pocket (shorts usually) or rear (jeans over long johns, like today)

I was gifted a Tumi about 10 years ago, have used it everday, and it shows very little wear. By far the longest a wallet has ever lasted for me. And still going strong.

Thanks for the suggestions! A few comments & questions......

I like the design but a question about the construction. In the pictures on the website the leather doesn't look very taut, are their wallets at all structured/stiff?

Thanks for the reminder about Saddleback, I've looked at their site in the past. Their medium bifold would be a match.

Nice wallet, just personally not keen on the zipper

JoF is a definite contender, thanks! Some of the color combos are cool....I like the uniqueness.

Very nice! I like the curved design for front pocket carry, the bison Rogue is a contender.

A question for users of the Ridge. There are hundreds of similar clone versions on Amazon at a fraction of the price, does going with the Ridge get you something other than the brand? I like the minimalist concept but I don't know if it would work for me given I always have a couple of extra business cards in my wallet and like a spot to keep receipts.
Ive had a couple of wallets from Big Skinny for years. One nylon and one in leather. Absolutely no problems with either one.

Just went minimalist with the Akeeni XSTO. Machined aluminum. Designed and made by an ex-aircraft engineer in California.
The look is not for everyone but this may be the best wallet I've ever owned. Even the 10 card version I bought is compact and cash/cards are secure but easily accessible.

Last edited:
Just went minimalist with the Akeeni XSTO. Machined aluminum. Designed and made by an ex-aircraft engineer in California.
Does it fly? :D

The main issue I have with metal is scratching and denting over time, not to mention damage it can do to other objects that it rubs against or falls on.

Last edited:
The look is not for everyone but this may be the best wallet I've ever owned. Even the 10 card version I bought is compact and cash/cards are secure but easily accessible.

What happens when it’s in your back pocket and you sit down?😳

Top Bottom