What's new

Walking Dead thread...

Wow! I'm already seeing ads for the final Rick Grimes episodes. This is going to be a really strange show without Andrew Lincoln.

I had sworn off TWD, but these new promos have got me wondering if they are actually going to kill Rick off or if they will just pull off a weeny move and turn good-Rick into evil-Rick:thumbdown

Not sure I will continue to watch without Big Rick G, never read the comic but will seem really off without him there.

I have followed from the very beginning and seen lots of great characters come and go but seeing Rick go just won’t seem right

E7DD12DF-29FD-4F60-8AAE-59CB8111DA04.jpeg

I hope that Michonne doesn't leave too. She's one of my favourites.
Actually though, the departed character I miss the most is Shiva.

I had sworn off TWD, but these new promos have got me wondering if they are actually going to kill Rick off or if they will just pull off a weeny move and turn good-Rick into evil-Rick:thumbdown

I think the only way to go is to kill him. I hope that Beta (second in command of The Whisperers) does it. They could really make it an epic fight scene and set up a great motivation for Negan who actually kills Beta in the comic.

Apparently the plan is to produce 3 feature-length movies to be shown on AMC that will chronical the Rick Grimes story. It will include both past, present and future events.

- I bet the helicopter folks also have a working trauma centre.
- I speculate a connection between the helicopter folks and Georgie (from Season 8).
- I forget ... Did Jadis/Anne let Gabriel go, or bring him to the helicopter people?

It looks almost like a semi-reboot of the TWD series, much like what they did to "Fear The Walking Dead". We just started watching that again at the beginning of this season (after giving up on it somewhere near the end of Season 1) and with all the new characters, it was fairly easy to pick up.

On a preview of an upcoming episode, I thought there was a reference to the Walkers "evolving".
Huh?
Maybe they learn to talk again. That would be something, because that would mean that they are "people" and not just "things". It would also mean that Gabriel and Hershel were right all along in keeping walkers penned and fed, instead of finishing them off.

Finally caught to the most recent and am confused on the helicopter ppl and the whole A/B ppl thing, so has Jadis been working with them the whole time and who are they, I can’t beleive Negan broke down and cried and even more surprised Maggie let it go

Rumor mill on the internet is that the voice of the helicopter pilot is none other than Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill. I also read that the Judith in the latest episode is the actress that played a young Rey in the Star Wars The Force Awakens. Supposedly the producers of TWD are big Star Wars fans.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ive been a sporadic viewer the last few years but watched a few episodes this season. I saw the rick episode, and the next two.
I saw Maggie confront negan but i the latest episode on the way to hilltop i hear them talk about Maggie being gone?
What happened there?

Ive been a sporadic viewer the last few years but watched a few episodes this season. I saw the rick episode, and the next two.
I saw Maggie confront negan but i the latest episode on the way to hilltop i hear them talk about Maggie being gone?
What happened there?
No idea. I have fallen behind on watching episodes. I know I say this every season about this far into the particular season, but I have kind of lost interest. My interest my come back.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I think Maggie has left the show to do movies. This show is on a slow roll down hill.
i want to meet the agents who get these actors to leave a cash cow because of movies. Remember trapper john md lasted what 5 episodes. Better leave mash! lol

i guess Maggie and rick are leaving for movies etc (right)

but i just didn't understand how she disappeared so quickly with no major death episode
No idea. I have fallen behind on watching episodes. I know I say this every season about this far into the particular season, but I have kind of lost interest. My interest my come back.

I can catch just a few episodes each season to be generally caught up (except this Maggie thingthing)
I think Maggie has left the show to do movies. This show is on a slow roll down hill.
Many of the episodes are almost boilerplate now that you dont need to watch every one it is on a down hill if not jumped the shark

When they have writers block they engineer a pointless walk in the woods like they are doing now from Alexandria to hiltop just to randomly encounter walkers. it gets tiresome or tedious they kill ofg established characters for ratings but then have to bring on new people but they haven't established anything such that i care about the new characters
I keep thinking star trek if all that was left was the red shirt guys

As best as I can gather, Rick left to be back home with his family. It got too hard eventually to be gone to the US for so many months at a time regularly. And Maggie's doing some other show. They left it all blank and open so if she needs to return later she can. Then there's the eventual series of three movies Rick will back for, following his journey. The last movie taking place after he was picked up in the 'copter, so that should explain a fair amount of what may have happened during a bit of the few year time jump the show took.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
i want to meet the agents who get these actors to leave a cash cow because of movies. Remember trapper john md lasted what 5 episodes. Better leave mash! lol

i guess Maggie and rick are leaving for movies etc (right)

but i just didn't understand how she disappeared so quickly with no major death episode

I can catch just a few episodes each season to be generally caught up (except this Maggie thingthing)

Many of the episodes are almost boilerplate now that you dont need to watch every one it is on a down hill if not jumped the shark

When they have writers block they engineer a pointless walk in the woods like they are doing now from Alexandria to hiltop just to randomly encounter walkers. it gets tiresome or tedious they kill ofg established characters for ratings but then have to bring on new people but they haven't established anything such that i care about the new characters
I keep thinking star trek if all that was left was the red shirt guys
Trapper John MD lasted 7 years. It was played by a different actor- Pernell Roberts. Wayne Rogers left MASH due to writers focusing on Alda.

Top Bottom