What's new

Walgreens and Old Spice aftershave

so I stopped at Walgreen's the other night in need of a few things right, no worries, I decided to stop and check out the shave stuff to see if they have double edge blades, naturally they did, ok cool. I get to looking at the aftershaves and lone and behold, not a single Old Spice aftershave option. Unreal..........maybe it was just the Walgreens I was at, but I was blown away. The options were heavy with Gillette products, then Aqua Velva and Afta, but I can not believe that there was no Old Spice.........am I missing something? or should I have as shocked as I was.

I was at Walmart 4 days ago and was surprised I didn't see a single oldspice splash or cologne nothing. When they are for the most part stocked full of it but I'm not a fan of it I just wish it was more concentrated and with more staying power.
I've got a bottle of aftershave just sitting there for 3 years and only used maybe 5 times.

Old Spice is marketing more and more to the sporty youth market (Axe and the like). Fifty different kinds of body sprays, washes, deos and pomades, but the original is gradually being pushed into the background, unfortunately. The brand is getting lots of ad space, but the original scent is falling away. I have several bottles of Shulton formula so I'm good, but there isn't one of the newer scents which grab me.

Reactions: Anu

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The Supermarket where I work out here in Australia still sells it. I think we also have the deodorant and some Hair Shampoo with Old Spice scent.

Considering what they charge for it I'd think anyone who wants the stuff would be better off getting it elsewhere.

Walgreens makes a lot of stuff available via online order for free store delivery that moves too slowly for them to keep on the shelves. They'll still sell you Old Spice AS, even if it's not on the shelf (though it is here). They'll even get you the Old Spice Pure Sport AS, and I don't see that sold anywhere.

But...not many guys under 65 wear the stuff anymore.

I'm under 65 and enjoy Old Spice. I was at Walgreens and they did have the Old Spice aftershave in the red box.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
so I stopped at Walgreen's the other night in need of a few things right, no worries, I decided to stop and check out the shave stuff to see if they have double edge blades, naturally they did, ok cool. I get to looking at the aftershaves and lone and behold, not a single Old Spice aftershave option. Unreal..........maybe it was just the Walgreens I was at, but I was blown away. The options were heavy with Gillette products, then Aqua Velva and Afta, but I can not believe that there was no Old Spice.........am I missing something? or should I have as shocked as I was.
They usually stock it. I bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago.

found one location locally with it in stock, so maybe it's just a location by location thing. I'll have to stop by and sniff around and see if they actually have it in stock.

At my local Walgreens I noticed the Old Spice aftershave and cologne were by the Old Spice deodorants not by the few other aftershaves that they stock. The Old Spice was buy one get one 50% off last week, and my store only had a lone bottle of cologne.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Since they switched to plastic bottles and changed the recipe, it does not gain new users and in fact the die hard users switch brands or else switch to the Indian OS which is actually much closer to the original. The Indian stuff is dirt cheap but guys counterfeit it with the American stuff cause there is more demand for Indian, and they can sell it at a premium. I am told that there is an Avon product that is reasonable facsimile but Avon is just too girly a brand name for me. I will admit I used to use original formula Skin So Soft for mosquito repellant when I was out swamping, but I put it in a vintage Hai Karate bottle so nobody would know.

I used to use OS but now I mostly use the VIBR. Sometimes Ogalalla or even The Club. When I use The Club, everyone comments. It is very distinctive and anybody over 30 immediately associates the scent with old school barber shops. From before girls started cutting men's hair and calling it hairstyling. Not trying to be misogynistical or whatever it is, but barbershops used to be a place for men. Closest thing to a no girls allowed club we could have. We had other clubs to go to, when we wanted womanly charms. Anyway, Clubman rocks, Ogallala rocks, VIBR rocks, I kinda like LayRite #9, and a few other old school or old school style aftershaves or colognes. But I still miss the real deal Old Spice. It always made me step out a little prouder and bag lotsa chicks and leave lesser men stepping out of my way and wishing they used a real man's aftershave like me.

We are having delayed hurricane party so a little bit drunk here. I got off topic. But anyway the reason Walgreens no longer stocks OS is because nobody wants that new recipe crap. It sux. I don't know why they didn't keep stocking the VDH Deluxe soap, though. It was great and I used it exclusively for a long time and then suddenly it all dried up. Without Walgreens and Rite Aid and WM buying, VDH changed the recipe and not IT sux, too, and that's even if you can find it. I am back to Arko. They will never change and that stuff smells sick but it lathers like crazy and the smell is gone in minutes.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Since they switched to plastic bottles and changed the recipe, it does not gain new users and in fact the die hard users switch brands or else switch to the Indian OS which is actually much closer to the original. The Indian stuff is dirt cheap but guys counterfeit it with the American stuff cause there is more demand for Indian, and they can sell it at a premium. I am told that there is an Avon product that is reasonable facsimile but Avon is just too girly a brand name for me. I will admit I used to use original formula Skin So Soft for mosquito repellant when I was out swamping, but I put it in a vintage Hai Karate bottle so nobody would know.

I used to use OS but now I mostly use the VIBR. Sometimes Ogalalla or even The Club. When I use The Club, everyone comments. It is very distinctive and anybody over 30 immediately associates the scent with old school barber shops. From before girls started cutting men's hair and calling it hairstyling. Not trying to be misogynistical or whatever it is, but barbershops used to be a place for men. Closest thing to a no girls allowed club we could have. We had other clubs to go to, when we wanted womanly charms. Anyway, Clubman rocks, Ogallala rocks, VIBR rocks, I kinda like LayRite #9, and a few other old school or old school style aftershaves or colognes. But I still miss the real deal Old Spice. It always made me step out a little prouder and bag lotsa chicks and leave lesser men stepping out of my way and wishing they used a real man's aftershave like me.

We are having delayed hurricane party so a little bit drunk here. I got off topic. But anyway the reason Walgreens no longer stocks OS is because nobody wants that new recipe crap. It sux. I don't know why they didn't keep stocking the VDH Deluxe soap, though. It was great and I used it exclusively for a long time and then suddenly it all dried up. Without Walgreens and Rite Aid and WM buying, VDH changed the recipe and not IT sux, too, and that's even if you can find it. I am back to Arko. They will never change and that stuff smells sick but it lathers like crazy and the smell is gone in minutes.
Well Slash, I’ll have to disagree on Old Spice. I’ve used it for over 50 years and still love the stuff. They did calm it down somewhat but it smells the same to me. I do agree though about Arko - really great soap and I happen to enjoy the old Ivory soap sent. Price can’t be beat either.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
At my local Walgreens I noticed the Old Spice aftershave and cologne were by the Old Spice deodorants not by the few other aftershaves that they stock. The Old Spice was buy one get one 50% off last week, and my store only had a lone bottle of cologne.
I’ve noticed it is being sold in smaller bottles now but at the same price.

6DADDD35-C77C-48B8-A82A-9ED536B19BC7.jpeg

I paid $11.04 today for 6.37 oz”s in a plastic bottle. A Walgreens closer to where I’m staying actually had a bottle in stock, yet the one further away did not, go figure.

Top Bottom