What's new

Walgreens 5 Blade Razor

Good morning anyone tried the Walgreens 5 blade razor? The cartridges are much less than Schick. I see the cartridges are made here in USA. I have been a DE wet shaver but considering going back to cartridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See here: Solimo Personna Equate and a few others. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/solimo-personna-equate-and-a-few-others.588429/

Walgreens has 2 different 5 bladers, both made by Personna. The one discussed above, and the EasyFit. The one above is a Caliber 5, but Walgreens only sells the handle with a pack of 12 carts. The handle doesn't look like an authentic Caliber handle, though. The EasyFit will fit Fusion handles.
Follow my advice above and get Caliber 5 carts for no more than 50 cents if you hunt and are patient.
The EasyFit are the original Schick Hydro 5 carts with a special adapter. I have tried the EasyFit 3, and while it fits a new Mach3 handle I just bought in the supermarket a few months ago (although many claim it doesn't fit theirs, and Personna's site says it will only fit older Mach3 handles), it is the original Schick Hydro 3 cart, and if you carefully remove the adapter, it will fit a Hydro handle (which takes either Hydro 3 or 5 carts.) I assume you can remove the adapter from the EasyFit 5 as well, but I haven't bought any.

The Hydros and Calibers both give excellent shaves. They are all owned by Edgewell.

The EasyFits are available at many stores using store-branded names, sometimes saying EasyFit, sometimes not. But the cart is very recognizable by the pic on the cover of the pack, and it will say "Fits Fusion handles" or "Fits Mach3 handles". The stores usually sell them for a whopping $2.50 a cart. Hunt the bay for better prices. You can actually get good prices on Hydro carts if you buy in bulk. I have done that for Hydro 3. If you have a Hydro handle already, you should be able to remove the adapter for the 5 blader as I did for the 3 blader. But I am not positive, but it is logical.
If you have a fusion handle and don't want to buy a Hydro handle, buy a small pack of EasyFits, and save the adapters. If you get a better deal on Hydros just connect the adapter to it, and it should fit. Again, I have only tried this with EasyFit3 with Mach3 and Hydro handles. But logic seems to imply it will work with 5 bladers as well.
Also, Caliber 3 and 5 carts will fit Schick Quattro handles.

Also, Bulldog carts are the same as Caliber 5 carts. Also owned by Edgewell. Bulldogs are usually $2.50 per cart!

I think there is a small majority of us (throughout the world, not on this forum) that use the Internet as a tool to get the best deals on razor blades/carts. It's one thing to try to get a good deal on the brand you know -- another thing to know that some of the different brands are exactly the same -- not similar -- exactly.

I think everyone on here knows that store brand made in U.S.A. is almost certainly Personna, and South Korea is Dorco. I still love "<insert store brand name here> cartridges will only fit <insert store brand name here> handles." That's what Amazon says about Solimo. Who are they trying to kid?

OK, I admit there was a time I didn't know all of this -- I just never thought of researching on the Internet, or buying blades from eBay 10+ years ago. eBay used to be a place to buy mostly people's old junk, like one big garage sale. Now it is a really good marketplace.

But I did start using store brand cartridges 10+ year ago. I just didn't know they were Personnas -- hadn't even heard of Personnas.

Top Bottom