What's new

Wald A1 Synthetic Brush

Congrats - gorgeous!

Love mine - by far my favorite synthetic. There is some magic to his “thin hair but dense knot”. Super soft with enough backbone and good splay ….

From last nights shave:

00DF09AB-6C70-46CF-AECF-2715FF358551.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Can’t wait for your review, Dan!
Well, Trey, first shave with the A-1 is in the books. It is by far the most dense synthetic knot I’ve ever used. I actually soaked it in a bowl prior to shaving and had to really shake it out to load the soap (very badger-like).

It loaded easily and I painted the soap on before adding water and splaying/swirling. It is incredibly soft and splays easily, building and releasing lather like only synths can. No floppiness, no lather flinging - just a fantastic face-lathering machine. The handle is beautiful and very comfortable to wield.

The density is really incredible on this brush — an impressive hand-tied synthetic.

image.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Well, Trey, first shave with the A-1 is in the books. It is by far the most dense synthetic knot I’ve ever used. I actually soaked it in a bowl prior to shaving and had to really shake it out to load the soap (very badger-like).

It loaded easily and I painted the soap on before adding water and splaying/swirling. It is incredibly soft and splays easily, building and releasing lather like only synths can. No floppiness, no lather flinging - just a fantastic face-lathering machine. The handle is beautiful and very comfortable to wield.

The density is really incredible on this brush — an impressive hand-tied synthetic.

View attachment 1579014
Beautiful brush Dan.

These brushes look absolutely incredible, the pictures just ooze craftsmanship. I've completely switched to synthetics over the past couple of years, only using my older badgers/boars to remind of how much I enjoy the performance of a good quality synthetic brush..

I'm not sure whether I can afford/justify the price tag on these but man, these are works of art. Going to be difficult to get these out of my head.. :cuppa:

These brushes look absolutely incredible, the pictures just ooze craftsmanship. I've completely switched to synthetics over the past couple of years, only using my older badgers/boars to remind of how much I enjoy the performance of a good quality synthetic brush..

I'm not sure whether I can afford/justify the price tag on these but man, these are works of art. Going to be difficult to get these out of my head.. :cuppa:
I saw that Oumo is just launching a new synthetic knot they call Sparrow S-1 and it looks like they are trying to emulate the Wald knots. Looks like a much finer fibre than usual and it is hand-tied to be more dense. I don’t have one so I don’t know how close it is, but it looks like this. I assume it is priced lower than Wald and Oumo offers a wide range of handles, or they will make what you want if you ask Carrie. Not sure if you can buy it yet, I haven’t checked.

21B58638-AA7F-4139-A3F9-C3FB7CF5AB11.jpeg

View attachment 1579014
Thanks for the excellent review, Dan.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’ve never seen a synthetic ‘gel’ like this after shaking out water — another ‘badger-like’ quality. Pure luxury for my face.
3AE399FC-D5E4-4E72-BF42-C4E8E043F265.jpeg

I am also finding that loading off the puck wetter than usual works better with this dense knot. Sort of a revised ‘Marco Method’ technique. It creates gobs of lather.

Last edited:
I saw that Oumo is just launching a new synthetic knot they call Sparrow S-1 and it looks like they are trying to emulate the Wald knots. Looks like a much finer fibre than usual and it is hand-tied to be more dense. I don’t have one so I don’t know how close it is, but it looks like this. I assume it is priced lower than Wald and Oumo offers a wide range of handles, or they will make what you want if you ask Carrie. Not sure if you can buy it yet, I haven’t checked.

View attachment 1579543
Yes, you can by them. :001_rolle

what about the durability of the brush? I could start having thoughts on getting one without my pockets crying if I know I will never need another brush, but if it needs to be thrown away after a few years due to wear, then I know I will end up regretting it.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
what about the durability of the brush? I could start having thoughts on getting one without my pockets crying if I know I will never need another brush, but if it needs to be thrown away after a few years due to wear, then I know I will end up regretting it.
With proper care and use I would expect any quality brush to last for decades. If anything I suggest a synthetic brush may last longer than one with natural hair. I have owned brushes for years and none have ever needed to be 'thrown away', in fact they look like new.

Wald launched the A1 knot in January, 2022, so nobody can tell you how long they last. But why wouldn’t they last forever? Nylon is one of the toughest materials there is.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

View attachment 1579543
I have some of them on order, but with the holidays they have not shown up here. Shipping from China may go fast, or it may take time, even I opted to pay for the shipping and hope they ship faster than the free shipping option. I post in my vendor forum when they arrive.

Top Bottom