What's new

Wald A1 Synthetic Brush

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Mine has been delivered to my house. But I won’t be there until Friday night. 🤪🤪🤪
Shoot me your address, Brad. Happy to pick it up for you.
1683068395051.gif

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
So the Wald has been used. Perfect. Absolutely stunning brush. Ridiculously soft. Excellent performance. Here is an excerpt form today's journal entry:

Back home for four days! Yay me!

The Wald A1 Synthetic was waiting for me upon my arrival. Yay me! Again!

What a beauty. I shaved with it this morning. Crazy feeling brush. So soft. I am specifically most interested in the A1's performance with Omnibus. If it can lather some Omnibus, then its going to get along just great in my den!

Loaded up some Passiflora for 10 seconds. That is the real test. I can get some badgers to work with Omnibus. But I have to load them for 30 seconds. It is very inefficient, and uses a lot of soap. A good synth 8 to 12 seconds. And uses an appropriate amount of soap. So if the Wald can load 8 to 10 seconds and get a great lather, we should be good to go! This lather was perfect. Literally perfect.

Loading technique was modified a bit. I ran the brush under some water prior to my shower. But I didnt soak it in a bowl or mug. Just left it wet. I went to work on the Passiflora for 10 seconds as noted. Then I started the face lather. I did not feel any need to add water throughout the lathering. None. The brush held and dispersed water in a very efficient way. The lather came out perfect. Perfect for Omnibus anyway. Moist and gloopy. Thick and creamy. Looked like Yogurt that was left out on the table just a wee bit too long. Perfect!

The surprise was that the face feel was not only super soft, but it was light and airy. The lather felt very much like an aloe gel being applied to my face with a feather, or a cloud. It was surreal to say the least.

I didn't notice the air bubbles that many others have reported. But I know they were there. I could feel them. However, they were not visible. Maybe this was the Omnibus. Regardless, the Wald A1 was unlike any brush I have used before. And that was the point of buying one.

Perfect lather. Absolutely perfect.

And lets not forget the aesthetics. This is a beautiful hand crafted brush. The finish is super glossy and flawless. The Knot is tied and installed perfectly. Small glue bump. Great feeling in the hand. I true artisan product. A work of art.

Wald A1
Passiflora Soap & Spalsh
Tradere OC
Pre-1982 Wizamet Iridium Super

2023-05-06 09.00.16.jpg

They're all completed as per his instagram post.

There will be a drop tonight at 9 p.m. CET (Central European Time). I have 8 brushes which may or may not be one-offs that I have been making throughout the last weeks and months. I think there is some potential for regular offerings, what do you think?
You will be able to preview the brushes in my online shop soon. Please be aware that these brushes are already complete, I cannot change anything about them anymore! The last time I did a drop with pre-made brushes, I had several cancellations due to customization wishes.
Last drop's brushes are in the final stages and will be sent out early next week.
I hope to see you tonight, I am looking forward to this drop!​

@Arsene_Wenger1 and @T Bone Thanks for the note on the drop. By complete chance I had come to this thread earlier to say I was not successful on the Varlet drop today but that allowed for a future purchase of a Wald A1. And then I saw the note on the drop. The matte white, blue velvet, and blues vein were all interesting. But I decided to focus on this one and fortunately secured it:

288-01_2000x.jpg

What's funny is that I generally favor the aesthetic of the fan on the Nimbus. But something about the bulb and this jewel tone seems fitting.

Sweet, nice one @Rocket 1! I spent a lot of the day perseverating over the blues one with the light blue vein, but decided I like a couple of the regular offerings better. Which is good, I didn't really want to spend the money today anyway.

Top Bottom