What's new

Wal-Mart Stores & Van Der Hagen Deluxe

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Our Walmart has VDH Luxury, Scented ($2.78 per puck) and VDH (Deluxe ($1.52 per puck), and the VDH Shave set ($9.99), in stock, so I bought 4 pucks of the Luxury soap! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Happiness is the [shaving soap] that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

The closest Wal-Mart to me only had the Luxury Set, no individual soap. I chose not to linger any longer due to the native population.

Buyers Be Advised!

After searching both online and in person in four different stores in my area, I am saddened to announce that apparently Wal-Mart no longer carries the Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shaving Soap on their store shelves. At least in my area of Indianapolis, IN. However it is still available online....for the moment.

This was confirmed by employees I spoke with in each store, and I hate to see it go. It was the cheapest place I could get it without having it shipped and I love that stuff! I visited the Van Der Hagen web site to see if the decision was made because the product was in the process of being repackaged, reformulated or anything like that, But I saw no evidence of this.

One girl at the store told me that it may be brought back, but that is rarely the case where retail is concerned in my experience. She also said that I could call 1-800-WalMart to voice my displeasure.

FYI - It is still available at Walgreens and Target as far as I know, but at a price of approximately $1.50 or more per puck. These two stores also carry other "higher end" Van Der Hagen Soaps, too.

Just thought I'd share. Smooth shaving everyone!

Like Atalk said they may just be getting rid of the VDH Deluxe stuff in order to make room for the Luxury line. The Wal Mart's around here did that. I had an initial panic when I noticed that they weren't regularly stocking VDH Deluxe anymore. I came back a week or so later and found the spot filled with the Luxury scented puck.

There were a couple of threads a few weeks ago of others seeing multiple shaving items on clearance at their local Wal-Mart. At my store, the VDH Deluxe has been cleared out but it has been replaced with VDH Luxury @ $3.50 a puck. IMO, the Luxury line is better than the Deluxe and the price is very reasonable.

Regardless, I more disappointed that they got rid of the Brut Dominant aftershave splash.

You might find it at one of your local dollar stores (Dollar General, Dollar Tree etc.) That's where I found Brut Attitude after Wal Mart stopped carrying it. My local Wal Mart was still carrying Dominant last time I checked though.

Top Bottom