What's new

Waiting for me

Mr. @Graydog - do you ever take pictures of your glue ups or turning? Your results are always superb and as someone learning more about handle making I am curious about your process.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Did I show you guys this one?
It's one that I made and sent it out for a smile and the knot came out (oops)
Something failed with the epoxy, so I had Tim send it back and I cleaned it up and glued a new boat back in .
Special historical Walnut
PXL_20210106_142626446.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

My son Seth was working in a historical school house (very very old) and brought me home some black walnut that was part of the structure . I have made a few brushes from it and the grain and color's are amazing. I made one for @dmshaver
That really turned out nice alsoView attachment 1205834
The brush is my prized possession in all my den, & is the most comfortable brush in my hand of any of my brushes. Coming from a 100 year old schoolhouse makes it personal because I was in education for 15 years before my accident.

Steve, you are an artist of the highest order, but your heart is even bigger! You have brought countless smiles to countless people, may you be blessed with much happiness & good health.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The brush is my prized possession in all my den, & is the most comfortable brush in my hand of any of my brushes. Coming from a 100 year old schoolhouse makes it personal because I was in education for 15 years before my accident.

Steve, you are an artist of the highest order, but your heart is even bigger! You have brought countless smiles to countless people, may you be blessed with much happiness & good health.
Thank you David for being My Friend and for all the kind words.

My son Seth was working in a historical school house (very very old) and brought me home some black walnut that was part of the structure . I have made a few brushes from it and the grain and color's are amazing. I made one for @dmshaver
That really turned out nice alsoView attachment 1205834

Absolutely Beautiful. Is that two pieces of wood glued together or is there that much variation in color in one piece.

+1
I couldn't have said it better.

Did I show you guys this one?
It's one that I made and sent it out for a smile and the knot came out (oops)
Something failed with the epoxy, so I had Tim send it back and I cleaned it up and glued a new boat back in .
Special historical WalnutView attachment 1205057

I have really missed that brush from my small rotation. The historical significance, along with your craftsmanship and generosity make it truly special. I cannot thank you enough for the smiles that it has given me. And I can’t wait to have it back in hand. Thank you for what you do!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have really missed that brush from my small rotation. The historical significance, along with your craftsmanship and generosity make it truly special. I cannot thank you enough for the smiles that it has given me. And I can’t wait to have it back in hand. Thank you for what you do!
I put it in the mail today 😉
I will send you the tracking number in a PM later today

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Perfectly stated my friend.

Some real beauties. The one on the far right and the third from the left are particularly appealing. You have incredible talent - and a generous heart to go along with it.

Have a great, happy new year.
Ah, yes. The third from the left....(Drool)

linty1

My wallet cries.
The one to the right of the knotted one, at the back looks interesting. I noticed some have.. looks like a stand? Is it like a stand you set your brush on? If so thats pretty creative... mm.. or maybe its just the end you haven't trimmed off that attaches to the lathe?

Top Bottom