What's new

Wahl Bay Rum and Dickinson's Witch Hazel Mix

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I now have my first bottle of Dickinson's Witch Hazel and will soon receive my first bottle of Wahl Bay Rum. My thoughts are to mix the two to make an after-shave.

I know that the mixing ratio is all a personal preference that only I can eventually decided upon. What I need is some guidance on where to start.

What ratio of Witch Hazel to Bay Rum would you suggest that I start out with?

I mix Osage Rub and Dickinson's WH toner (water-based) 1:1 to make 'Richard's Rub'. With a moderate bay rum I would suggest 2:1 rum to WH. With something strong like Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum I would probably stick with 1:1.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I received my first bottle of Wahl Bay Rum and mixed it with Dickinson's Hazel Witch in a 3:1 rum to witch ratio. Tried it this morning and quite like it. In a few days time, I'll try 2:1 and then 1:1 to determine my preference.

Thank you @Tanuki for giving me a starting point.

I received my first bottle of Wahl Bay Rum and mixed it with Dickinson's Hazel Witch in a 3:1 rum to witch ratio. Tried it this morning and quite like it. In a few days time, I'll try 2:1 and then 1:1 to determine my preference.

Thank you @Tanuki for giving me a starting point.
Looking forward to seeing your feedback on this aftershave mix, because, I was thinking about doing the same, but, I wasn’t 100% sure on the ratio amount. So I’m glad that you’re starting up this aftershave mix with Dickinson’s WH and the Wahl Bay Rum together and this would be fantastic for summer season.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Tomorrow should see me use the last of the small amount of 3:1 that I mixed up. I have been very happy with this mix ratio. Wednesday I will start on a 2:1 mix and see how I find that.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning was my first use of a bay rum / witch hazel 2:1 mix. This mix noticeably reduced the scent and effect of the bay rum with no noticeable difference in the effect of the witch hazel.

My current preference is for the 3:1 mix however I will continue to use the 2:1 for a few more days to see if I can develop a liking for it.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
After a few days of trying the 2:1 mix, I have decided that it is not for me. I have returned to my Wahl Bay Rum/Witch Hazel mix ratio of 3:1 respectively.

After a few days of trying the 2:1 mix, I have decided that it is not for me. I have returned to my Wahl Bay Rum/Witch Hazel mix ratio of 3:1 respectively.
Could you please tell many ML in a ratio of 3:1, so I can make some Wahl Bay Rum/Witch Hazel.

Thank you :thumbup:

I now have my first bottle of Dickinson's Witch Hazel and will soon receive my first bottle of Wahl Bay Rum. My thoughts are to mix the two to make an after-shave.

I know that the mixing ratio is all a personal preference that only I can eventually decided upon. What I need is some guidance on where to start.

What ratio of Witch Hazel to Bay Rum would you suggest that I start out with?
Why not dab the Witch Hazel first on your face then apply the Bay Rum? I do this with cologne.

Top Bottom