What's new

Wade & Butcher

Hey, new to the forum & new to straight razors, I picked up a Wade & Butcher razor @ an estate sale and im looking to get more info on it, ( age? Is it a quality one? Handle material & anything else you could tell me?) Its a real beauty in my opinion, brown handle, (buffalo horn?) seems to be full wedge, no barber's notch and " Wade & Butcher's celebrated Damascus steel " is etched on the blade along with the arrow symbol with a horizontal letter "B" on the left of it and a Maltese cross on the right. Tang stamp says, "manufactured by Wade &Butcher, Sheffield" with the aforementioned horizontal letter B , arrow and martese cross. Thanks in advance!

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
it's no good,send it to me and I will dispose of it for you :em2300:
W&B made great razors if it's in good shape hone it up and give it a go

Hey, new to the forum & new to straight razors, I picked up a Wade & Butcher razor @ an estate sale and im looking to get more info on it, ( age? Is it a quality one? Handle material & anything else you could tell me?) Its a real beauty in my opinion, brown handle, (buffalo horn?) seems to be full wedge, no barber's notch and " Wade & Butcher's celebrated Damascus steel " is etched on the blade along with the arrow symbol with a horizontal letter "B" on the left of it and a Maltese cross on the right. Tang stamp says, "manufactured by Wade &Butcher, Sheffield" with the aforementioned horizontal letter B , arrow and martese cross. Thanks in advance!

We need to see pictures.... To help

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Looks like a very nice razor. Send it out to be cleaned up a bit and honed and have a shave with it.

Hello all recently picked up this Wade and butcher Sheffield straight razor.... any idea on the age thanks

Attachments

• 20190202_115708.jpg
    20190202_115708.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20190202_120514.jpg
    20190202_120514.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 20190202_120458.jpg
    20190202_120458.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
Wade and Butcher razors are very hard to date, but if it doesn't have the country of origin ie:England. Then it was made in 1890 or earlier...
Hope this helps a little.

Top Bottom