What's new

Wade & Butcher Relaunch

There was a really oddly shaped razor recently that was in the same price range. I don't recall the name.

Found it. Remember this beaut?:
proxy.php

It would be great to see a vintage brand make a reboot. My only issue besides decent quality is and will remain price. I get that there are a lot of groups trying to go the specialized artisan route, but I’d rather see a vintage-like market revitalization where the goal is a razor or five in the hands of the average working person. I feel that Dovo and GD are on the right-ish track, searching for the right midpoint between quality, availability, artisan-ship, and price.

I agree with this. It is great to see some high quality artisan razors out there. However what I see as a positive is more affordable working quality razors that will make straight razors more accessible to new shavers. Yes there are all the great vintage options however to a regular "joe" I think there is a large segment that would prefer a new decent quality product from a retailer.
I wish them the best of luck in their endevours however as in all things the market will decide their level of success.

My recent Koraat is looking like an absolute bargain. Over a grand for an unknown razor is a bit fierce and a recipe for marriage-guidance counselling if you're not careful!

T

It will be like the MG, Triumph, Morris & Beetle reboots. What ever the X-factor was that made the originals special, more than likely it will be missing in the new product.

I have about 25 razors I can shave with & another 20 or so that need work & I don't have $1500 in the whole lot!

Slawman

Top Bottom