What's new

Wade & Butcher FBU 15/16 Restoration.

Im still very new when it comes to restorations, but I wanted to share my 3rd restoration that I finished up yesterday. (I believe I have posted my first 2 restorations over the past few months also)

I found a nice W&B FBU on ebay, won it for a decent price, but it needed some work, here is how it looked when I got it:
1.jpg

The seller had listed it as an 8/8, but it was a 15/16, but still alright...
2.jpg

I have no pic of the back scales, but the back was destroyed from bug bitches, I tried to see if I could salvage the scales when I took them off, but as expected the back scale broke.
I will still save the one good scale from the front for a future project, so don't worry, I have not thrown it out lol.
3.jpg

I started sanding the blade with 240x W/D paper, followed by 600x and 1000x.
Sanded the wedge with 600x W/D.
I got a new pair of horn scales that looked decent that I found on ebay, unfortunately, they were way too thick for my taste out of the box, so I spent a good amount of time to sand them down to make them thinner (took 4 hours in total..)
Here is the razor after I finished peening yesterday.
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I know it's not a perfect job, the scales were too thin at the pivot area for the collars im using, (they were like that when I got them, not something I did when sanding)
and I could not move it down, since the blade would make contact with the wedge on closure, so I sacrificed some aestethics for function
other than that, I am very happy with how this turned out.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wow, nice work! I’m just starting to do some very basic restorations, just blade work for now, so that project looks great to me. Inspiring.

Most importantly, how does it shave? BTW nice job and good trade (function vs form) you should be happy.
Still learning how to hone, I'm not gonna attempt to hone this before some time in 2021 when I feel more comfortable with my results.
I have a few "sacrificial" razors that I am learning on, so this one will be in my drawer for a while lol

Top Bottom