What's new

Wade and Butcher "Washington Razor" ??

Wanted to ask the cognoscenti if anyone has ever seen a W&B George "Washington Razor"? Any background information on this razor would be appreciated. I have been in the game for about 3-4 years and have never run across one of these before. I was originally looking for a FBU, but ended up grabbing this one instead. It looks to be in great shape and can't wait to get it. If anyone has one or know about these and or there rarity it would be appreciated. Not find much info on them on the interwebs...

1651102333522.jpeg

1651102347097.jpeg

1651102372189.jpeg

Amazing how well-preserved that design on the blade is. In your position, I would just be saying that I had the coolest Wade and Butcher ever, and it's a good brand, so I'd be content. But I understand why you might be curious about it.

I wouldn't swear to it in court but I believe I've seen a picture of one of those before. But not in nearly such good condition. Beautiful. I think you made the right choice, FBUs show up fairly regularly.

Think I’ve seen this model for sale in the past on the Griffith Shaving Goods website. They deal in vintage SRs, so maybe give them a ring during business hours. Enjoy your quest to chase down the backstory.

I've seen more than a few like this and a couple other types with engraving/etching referring to Washington, America, etc. Just marketing stuff, people used to etch all kinds of things on blades just to make them stand out to be noticed. Different manufacturers used the same etches sometimes too, so you might find this same pattern on another brand maybe, or very similar.

I've seen more than a few like this and a couple other types with engraving/etching referring to Washington, America, etc. Just marketing stuff, people used to etch all kinds of things on blades just to make them stand out to be noticed. Different manufacturers used the same etches sometimes too, so you might find this same pattern on another brand maybe, or very similar.
Do you know if these were then based on the FBU blanks? And would be considered like a model offshoot?

Alex, do you by chance know the Size of your blades and or grind types? Are they the same or different between your examples. You must have quite the collection.
Thank you. I will look for them tomorrow when I get home and let you know. If I remember correctly they are 7/8 and heavy grind. I took these pics last year when I was adding some renwax and putting them away.

Do you know if these were then based on the FBU blanks? And would be considered like a model offshoot?
Diesn’t look like that to me. I don’t put a lot of stock in the FBU thing anyway, I have not found them to hone or shave any differently than a similar grind without that etch. I have literally had dozens of Wade FBUs, aside from the half hollow celebrated version I dont see them being all that special. They’re all good, condition is more important than anything.

Wanted to ask the cognoscenti if anyone has ever seen a W&B George "Washington Razor"? Any background information on this razor would be appreciated. I have been in the game for about 3-4 years and have never run across one of these before. I was originally looking for a FBU, but ended up grabbing this one instead. It looks to be in great shape and can't wait to get it. If anyone has one or know about these and or there rarity it would be appreciated. Not find much info on them on the interwebs...

View attachment 1446753
View attachment 1446754

View attachment 1446755
I saw this at auction ebay a few days ago, I really liked the etching. Whoever bought it got themselves a really nice razor.

Top Bottom