What's new

Wade and Butcher Ottoman Egyptian Info Wanted

duke762

Rose to the occasion
A couple of questions. Have you ever used one? Are they particularly rare and pricey? Can you point me to any reference materials on W/B's in general? Why do pictures of these serpentine, curvaceous, beauties make my RADar go off so loud. It's been my Holy Grail razor for a couple of years. Actually I'd like to find a restore-able one and do it myself. I'm keeping an eye out..........

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Due you mean one like this?

4529094419_b0c3178498_b.jpg

@professorchaos had one in 2010 but he hasn't been seen on B&B since 2017.

One that was rotten with a blunted spike point and non original scales pulled several hundred a year and a bit ago. I would venture a guess that if the one above went on the bay it would loom around $1k even in their economy/market...

A guy on SRP won the last one that showed on EBay a year or so ago. I think it was 700 or $800 but don't remember exactly.

Best bet imo would be to try and find a custom razor maker to see what they can do. Will most likely be a better price, people with deep pockets are watching for those razors in good condition. (Or hope for a buy it now)

duke762

Rose to the occasion
Geez...I never dreamed they were that high. Is there a good reference for W/B's in general? Ever seen a old catalog posted? I have 4 to restore and I think one might be a regrind of some kind.

Geez...I never dreamed they were that high. Is there a good reference for W/B's in general? Ever seen a old catalog posted? I have 4 to restore and I think one might be a regrind of some kind.

A lot of butchers are soft right now which is great if you ever wanted a fbu or something, it's just that for a lot of people that ottoman is the unicorn. Sort of like the Dutch Rattler if you are into Joseph Rodgers or big mapping lancet razors, but it's the unicorn of the most popular make of arguably the most popular subset of straight razors.

Top Bottom