What's new

Wade and Butcher celebrated Fine India steel

I decided to indulge myself and get a vintage wade and butcher straight with some character.

I manged to snag one off fleabay with broken scales, moderate patina and some pitting.

After looking around and contacting several restoration experts, I got this restored by Karl Johnson from Mainely Straight Razor Works

I advised him for black horn and restore it just enough for some patina and pitting for tell tale signs about its vintage and history.

Here is the end result of some extraordinary craftsmanship by Karl.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
What I find interesting in @luv2shave's W&B here is the face markings. They appear to be stamped onto the face (not acid etched). You rarely see that. I assume that stamping a hollow ground heat treated blade could easily damage/crack it.

What I find interesting in @luv2shave's W&B here is the face markings. They appear to be stamped onto the face (not acid etched). You rarely see that. I assume that stamping a hollow ground heat treated blade could easily damage/crack it.
Agree. Yet it's survived maybe a 100 years or more. They sure did something right!

Those decades of industrial revolution focused so much on scienceofb metallurgy and mechanical- with a focus on stuff they make to last a life time and not have a planned technology obsolescence like today's products.

The thought which really has me kicked - if those product makers would be surprised that the product they are hand making would be salvaged lfd use a 100 years hence in a new age of technology where the world is connected globally on forums with enthusiasts taking about wet shave products!

I guess not- they made them that way to last a few generations!

Last edited:
Top Bottom