What's new

Vulfix English Rose Mini-Review

First, let me say that I LOVE Vulfix creams...I think they're some of the best I've tried, and my bank account can attest to my Shave Cream AD...LOLOL

Having said that, English Rose is the first "Rose" scent I've tried. I have Cyril Salter Wild Rose on deck, so that will be my next shave.

So, on to the scent...I can detect a Rose-like undertone, but to be completely honest, it smells like Strawberry Starburst. Not necessarily bad, but it's definitely not a traditional rose scent (IMO). Of the two that I have so far, the Cyril salter smells like traditional/REAL roses (again, IMO). Vulfix English Rose has an initial sweet tone (Starburst candy), but fades to a mellow rose...very subtle. Do I like it? Not sure yet. I don't hate it; but TBH, it just doesn't completely satisfy my desire for "rose."

Side note: Vulfix is known to be a thinner cream, and this lot didn't "disappoint." Perhaps it was the warmer weather, combined with a week in the back of a FedEx truck, but it was VERY thin this time (think of a really thick tomato soup, or a Cream of ____ soup).

Of course, as with all the Vulfix creams I've tried, the lather was superb...and the cushion and glide were great. Vulfix is one of only a few creams that I can use WITHOUT using Noxzema between passes to get an irritation-free shave. Just a typical prep, and a great shave.

TOBS Rose is next on my AD wish-lost...I've read some good things about that one too.

Well, there's my two cents...Not an overly analytical review, but I hope it might help if you're in the market for a new cream.

Take it easy, Gents...Enjoy your "Me Time."

Last edited:
Top Bottom