What's new

Vulfix 2235 vs. Rooney Style 1, Med "Super Silvertip"

Josh,

Both brushes are good follow ups; but you can also consider a Savile Row, a Kent or Shavemac; the ultimate soft brushes are however Omega badger brushes.
For a Savile Row have a look at this thread.

Peter

I have the Rooney super, medium, style 1. It is a fantastic brush. Never had a Vulfix to compare it with however.

Bud

I have a Vulfix 2235 Silvertip, it's probably a bit too soft and floppy if I'm honest. I can't compare it against the Rooney as I've never used one.

I would go with something other than a Vulfix for a new brush - I have a Vulfix pure badger that I use only with creams and shave sticks I lather on my face as its too floppy to get the most out of my soaps (it works, but its a major PIA to build a good lather).

My suggestion for a next brush would be something stiffer - I have a Simpsons "Rover" and a SR travel brush, both of which are stiffer than my Vulfix and work great with soaps - including the harder milled soaps.

I think the SR travel brush is great and that the SR brushes represent a great value across the board in both grades of hair.

Thanks! Food for thought.

Actually, my second brush (just got it) is an SR travel brush; though I'm not yet on the road, I've used it twice and like it a lot.

Right now, I'm using creams -- haven't yet gotten into soaps. Never say never... :biggrin:

Josh

Is there anything more confusing in the world than figuring out shaving brushes?

I always thought Kent were super soft, almost floppy, and now I am hearing they are stiff, and good for soap? ! So confused. If anyone needs me, I'll be over there in the corner clutching my shavemac and mumbling incomprehensible things about "loft" and "barbs"....

moses said:
Is there anything more confusing in the world than figuring out shaving brushes?

I always thought Kent were super soft, almost floppy, and now I am hearing they are stiff, and good for soap? ! So confused. If anyone needs me, I'll be over there in the corner clutching my shavemac and mumbling incomprehensible things about "loft" and "barbs"....

The Kent T range are "pure badger" and are a lot stiffer than their BK range (silver tip), and perfect for picking up soap IMO, they're pretty cheap too.

Top Bottom