What's new

Vufix Shedding Hairs

I have a Vulfix 2236 which was losing about 2 hairs per shave. I contacted Vulfix directly, and they informed me that this was not normal. They asked me to send my old brush to them for analysis and they are going to send me a new one. I was very impressed with Vulfix's customer service.

mike said:
I have a Vulfix 2236 which was losing about 2 hairs per shave. I contacted Vulfix directly, and they informed me that this was not normal. They asked me to send my old brush to them for analysis and they are going to send me a new one. I was very impressed with Vulfix's customer service.
Mike,
You are not the first wet shaver to run into this problem. Occassionally it seems there is a spate of shedding brushes.. Sometimes they have been from the same vender, sometimes purchased at the same time, sometimes even the same model. Oftimes there is no relationship. As Vulfix is a large producer of brushes and an OEM for many other labels, their interest is a requirement for survival. The fact that they have good customer service attests to their commitment.
I still love my Vulfix #41. :smile:

Mike,
I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure Vulfix will take good care of you. I had purchased a brush awhile back and was losing hairs. It turned out that the manufacturer had used a bad batch of the epoxy resin used to cement the hair in the brush. As a replacement brush, Charles from QED, sent me his SR-241 (Vulfix 41 equivalent), and it is now my go to brush. And I have never, ever had any problems with this brush.

Vulfix are a great brand. It's unfortunate when something like this happens but don't judge the whole company by one brush shedding. The fact they're making this right shows their calibre. Hope the new one works out for you mate.

Top Bottom