What's new

Vote: How many passes is your typical shave?

How many passes is your typical shave?

• Total voters
Two passes WTG plus touch ups, never have being able to handle ATG, if there is a special occasion then the second pass is XTG, always DFS, don't care much about the baby butt smooth feeling, it doesn't last more than a couple hours anyway.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
On average I'd say 2 1/2, but it really depends on the blade. If the blade is fresh it might only be one pass, but when worn it might be 3 passes or more.

By the time I need 3 full passes and 2 cleanups for the same BBS shave, I call the blade finished and start a new one.

3 passes every day and then touch ups most days.
with
across
against
Touch ups are usually the upper neck and some times the chin.
I've tried 2 passes but felt very unsatisfied.

I do two passes (ATG and XTG), both with a lot of buffing. I suspect I cover every square mm of my face at least 15 times.

I would say 2.5 for me. First with WTG, second is a combo of ATG and XTG. The last half is cleaning up mostly ATG under my chin and part of my cheeks up to my sideburns.

Since buying ATT open combs s1, I find it is so good that I can get a very close shave with one pass plus touch up. For touch up, I lather and use my fingers to see which spots need the razor. My skin has been fantastic since I shaved this minimal way.. I reckon that when guys say they have sensitive skin, this is due mainly to over shaving, too many passes.

I typically do a one pass XTG. Good CCS, good enough for most days of the week. Every once in a while I do a 2nd ATG, but only if my skin is in great shape to start out with.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom