What's new

Vote: How many days a week do you shave?

How many days a week do you shave?

• Total voters
7 days a week, occasionally 6 days.
Btw, in which part of the universe there are 8+ days in a week :c2: :c1:

My beard has come in thick and strong since I was a teenager. I graduated high school with a full goatee and fuller mustache. When I enlisted, in basic training, I would have to shave first thing in the morning (4:30). But that meant by 2 I had 5:00 shadow. So I was ordered to start shaving at lunch. That's how I learned to shave on cold water as well.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I'm using a Fitbit. There are two challenges. 2,632 10,000-step days in 10 years and 26,320,000 steps in 2,632 days.

I'm still formalizing my reading challenge. For now, it's 36 books this year. I listen while I walk. Oh, I lift weights for 75 minutes each morning. That's another challenge I need to formalize.

Here is a list of books I read this year. Going forward, I'm alternating fiction and non-fiction.

View attachment 1068248

Here are the books "on deck." I have about 700 of them on my Kindle.

View attachment 1068249

That's cool man, I like how you've got it organized on a spreadsheet with number of pages and date finished. That's a good idea. I've been keeping up with the book's I've read since 2004 or so. I write them in a journal and then take a look at years end to see how many fiction, non fiction, etc. My most productive year was 50, but I typically average about 24-30. I do a bit of everything as well, been trying to work in some classics these last few years. Am currently reading Robert Putnam's Bowling Alone, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, The Pentatuch as Narrative by John Sailhammer and am listening to Moby Dick on my iPod on my daily commute. I actually read it back in 2012 and am now listening to the audio. Next up is Abraham Heschel's classic Man is Not Alone.

Been logging my annual days and milage run on an excel sheet since 2018, with a modest goal of 500 miles annually.

i'm a seven day shaver since starting to de shave for some reason even 1 days growth makes me feel like Velcro .
I doubt if it is medically possible to be allergic to your own stubble, but that's what I feel like after a few days. "Please get this itchy stuff off me!"

I have a real guinea-pig allergy. Cute little things, but evil if I get anywhere near them.

Could be three, could be two, or could be every day depending on the dread of the shave for me. Lately I've been getting back into it now that I have gone back to proper wetshaving after a 6 to 7 month hiatus.

That's cool man, I like how you've got it organized on a spreadsheet with number of pages and date finished. That's a good idea. I've been keeping up with the book's I've read since 2004 or so. I write them in a journal and then take a look at years end to see how many fiction, non fiction, etc. My most productive year was 50, but I typically average about 24-30. I do a bit of everything as well, been trying to work in some classics these last few years. Am currently reading Robert Putnam's Bowling Alone, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, The Pentatuch as Narrative by John Sailhammer and am listening to Moby Dick on my iPod on my daily commute. I actually read it back in 2012 and am now listening to the audio. Next up is Abraham Heschel's classic Man is Not Alone.

Been logging my annual days and milage run on an excel sheet since 2018, with a modest goal of 500 miles annually.

I just bought "Man is not Alone." I can see it will lead to more books:

1582964683860.png

3-4 days a week. My beard doesn't grow fast enough in 24 hours, to necessitate shaving every day, but I do tend to shave every second day.

I shave daily. Rarely have I ever gone more that a day without a clean shaven face, except that one time when I was 19 and I tried to grow a beard for 2 months. Not doing that again.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I just bought "Man is not Alone." I can see it will lead to more books:

View attachment 1068417

So have you started it? I'm about a quarter of the way in and am enjoying it. And while it reads quick, it is kind of dense. One of those things that you really need to mull over with many cups of tea (or coffee) and a long walk (or run)

Oh, and I've also logged a shave and a run every day since we last spoke, so my streak for both is at 18 days and 19 days, respectively. Still a long way off from a 7 1/2 year Cal Ripken, Jr. type streak, but it's a start. And with as crazy as these current times are (especially for those of us who work in health care) a routine that brings any semblance of normalcy and sanity is a blessing.

Peace my friend,
Let me know what you think of Heschel.
JW

For the past two weeks working at home I've shaved an average of twice per week. Slammed with work so when waking up early I just hit the screen earlier instead of shaving.

As I work from I shave about every 5 days - I try to time with client meetings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom