What's new

Vote for your favourite blade

What is your one single favourite blade?

• Feather

• Derby

• Personna Red Pack Israeli

• Iridium

• Crystal

• Astra

• Lord

• Gillette 7 O'Clock

• Shark

• Nacet

• Merkur

• Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you tried the Feathers?

For having tried both I think the feathers have a slight edge in terms of sharpness and comfort over the Iridiums.

I agree that Feathers are sharper and smoother than Iridiums, but they do last only one shave for me. The second shave isn't pleasant.
But they are a great candidate for a close, relaxing Sunday shave! Great experience!

I just had the very first shave with feather in DE razor. I have already used it in my shavette, but since I'm not very skilled with it yet, couldn't make a comparison to anything. Now in my merkur progress, it was the closest shave till now. I don't know weather the blade will deteriorate with successive uses, as the previous poster suggested, or will destroy my face in the long run, as this guy (which I fully respect) from shaveblog claims, but it was the closest BBS to date. So I gave it my vote....DOMO ARIGATO FEATHER!:thumbup:

I am surprised that people have voted for Merkur blades! I mean, I can use them I guess, but favorite?!?!?? :lol:

Red Pack Personnas for me

7 o'clocks got my vote, I'll just assume that the yellow ones were meant...
Souplex and RP Personnas come second and third.

I love the gillette super bleue blades in the plastic dispenser. Don't mind the oil and the dispenser combined with a vintage tto gillette works like a dream for me!

'Other' - Voskhod.
There are a few more I am yet to try that I suspect will give them a run for their money (Gillette 7 o'clock blacks, Personna Med/Labs, Timor, Iridium to name a few) but of the ten or so I have tried, Voskhods win.

Had to vote "other". I think my current favorite is the Gillette Silver Blue. Feather and Iridium would rate pretty high though. I presume there are a lot of "other" votes for the Personna Med/Lab too.

Müller store brand blades. Cheap as they come, but they work amazingly on my face. Gillette Bleue Extra would be the second choice.

Top Bottom