What's new

Vote for the best Daily Shaving Vessel Entries

Which Is Your Favorite Daily Shaving Vessel?

• Stainless Mixing bowl

• Rice Bowl

• Silver Bowl

• Hot Pot

• Corningware Bowl

• Homemade Mug

• African Violet Pot

Results are only viewable after voting.
Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies,

Please vote for your favorite daily shaving vessel - One vote per household please.

Voting for the most unique shaving vessels can be found here.

Entry Number One: Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
full

full

Entry Number Two: Rice Bowl
full

full

full

full

Entry Number Three: Silver Bowl
full

full

Entry Number Four: Hot Pot

full

full

Entry Number Five: Corningware Bowl
full

Entry Number Six: Handmade Mug
full

full

full

full

full

Entry Number Seven:African Violet Pot
full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
While they all either look good, or show ingiuity, or function,
The Homemade mug gets the vote, as someone said "the cute vote".

It's functional, good to look at, is personalised and made with love for "Dad", with shaving in mind.

- Gramps

Wow,

My corningware pseudo-scuttle is UGLY. I had better hope that people find the paint tray/roller to be funny because I don't stand a chance in this vote (I think Art has it with the "cute" vote).

Let me first say that I believe the Grapefruit should be the winner...it screams originality...and it also brings a new angle to scent layering...the Salter's Citrus with the Grapefruit...good call.

The pina colada shave would be great on vacation...say before sitting on a beach in Hawaii all day?

But in the end the homemade mug took my vote...maybe the pics were unfair...but how could you not give him the vote?

I think in a couple of years he will be hit with GAD...gun acquisition disorder. Something to be shared with all dates that show up at the door...

NMMB said:
Wow,

My corningware pseudo-scuttle is UGLY. I had better hope that people find the paint tray/roller to be funny because I don't stand a chance in this vote (I think Art has it with the "cute" vote).

So are you removing your entry then? If it's any consolation, I voted for the tray/roller in the other poll.

I'll accept your consession anytime. :smile: :rolleyes:

Would it be wrong (disqualifying) to say that I don't see any lather in AACJ's mug? It might just be my computer screen. :blush:

If I was allowed to vote, and if I was a wetshaver, I would vote for the innovative, cheap (not $40) Violet pot parading as a Moss scuttle. It should win on it's own value as a useful shaving vessel.

Chefchris isn't worried about winning. Though he is quite proud of his idea. (That no one has said anything about.:confused: ) On the other hand I hate to lose. Even by association (the watermelon was my idea).

JoAnna

I can tell you that the mug DOES have shaving cream in it, the brush standing next to it would be the proof of that. The inside of the bowl, though as white as the lather is hard to see, but I can assure you that it does have lather in it, no, it's not your computer screen.

Good Luck!

mrs. chefchris said:
Would it be wrong (disqualifying) to say that I don't see any lather in AACJ's mug? It might just be my computer screen. :blush:

If I was allowed to vote, and if I was a wetshaver, I would vote for the innovative, cheap (not $40) Violet pot parading as a Moss scuttle. It should win on it's own value as a useful shaving vessel.

Chefchris isn't worried about winning. Though he is quite proud of his idea. (That no one has said anything about.:confused: ) On the other hand I hate to lose. Even by association (the watermelon was my idea).

JoAnna

AACJ said:
I can tell you that the mug DOES have shaving cream in it, the brush standing next to it would be the proof of that. The inside of the bowl, though as white as the lather is hard to see, but I can assure you that it does have lather in it, no, it's not your computer screen.

Good Luck!

Actually, the brush is only proof that there is lather somewhere in the house. Either way, I don't think you would be disqualified. I'm just playfully putting up a fight for my hubby.:wink2:

JoAnna

mrs. chefchris said:
Actually, the brush is only proof that there is lather somewhere in the house. Either way, I don't think you would be disqualified. I'm just playfully putting up a fight for my hubby.:wink2:

JoAnna

As any good wife would! Maybe I should have my wife log in too to come to my defense!!

mrs. chefchris said:
Good idea! But she can't vote!

JoAnna

Actually we've been toying with the idea of a forum, like B & B and SMF, for women who like smooth shaven legs and such. Sometimes when we're at home and the kids are asleep, I log in with her sitting next to me and she tells me what to type, as any good wife would do. he he

My husband suggested I join B&B b/c, when he would get home, all the new posts were at the bottom of the list of posts. So, here I am giving you guys a hard time.

There isn't much online that I care for. Just, this site, b/c my husband is hard to shop for and it is nice to be learning all this along with him, and the atmosphere; and my MSN group about CP. Other than those two, I don't have much interest in forums.

JoAnna

mrs. chefchris said:
My husband suggested I join B&B b/c, when he would get home, all the new posts were at the bottom of the list of posts. So, here I am giving you guys a hard time.

There isn't much online that I care for. Just, this site, b/c my husband is hard to shop for and it is nice to be learning all this along with him, and the atmosphere; and my MSN group about CP. Other than those two, I don't have much interest in forums.

JoAnna

Have you ever thought of taking him for a straight razor shave? There's terrific barber in Lexington I think called 9th Street Parlor that does them. Plus they are a T & H dealer so you can get some of the best stuff there.

I did a Virginia Gentlemens Shave Day last year and tried to get some guys to meet here in Richmond, perhaps we could do it in Lexington and you two could join us.

BTW. My wife uses a Lady Gillette or a Lady Eversharp, both made in the 1960's. If you are interested in shaving stuff for yourself, Sue at Saint Charles Shave has a "Shave Stick for Chicks." My wife LOVES it, and so do I, it has a wonderful scent and gives a great shave.

He has been looking for an old style barber, lately. We may have found one in town. They weren't open when we spotted the shop. I'm not sure if he is interested in the straight shave, or an old, old man who knows how to cut a guys hair.

JoAnna

AACJ said:
I did a Virginia Gentlemens Shave Day last year and tried to get some guys to meet here in Richmond, perhaps we could do it in Lexington and you two could join us.

I would have to run that by chefchris , of course. But it sounds like a good idea.

JoAnna

Top Bottom